Cleaner, Multiple positions
East Jerusalem (Palestinian Territory)
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - Job-specific
The Cleaner will based in East Jerusalem office and will report to the HR Officer and carry out the following tasks as required:
Key Results expected:
Provide professional cleaning services to UNOPS premise.
To observe the environmental safety of the detergents used, in accordance with sanitary standards.
To Observe the norms and rules of safety, fire and electrical safety.
To commit to wear the Personal protection equipment(PPE) at all times while providing the cleaning services
- sweeping, washing the floor with the use of detergents;
- vacuum cleaning of the carpets where applicable;
- removal of dust and local contamination from the open surfaces of cabinets, shelves, tables, chairs and armchairs, leather furniture, desks, electrical and office equipment, switches, table lamps, window sills;
- removal of dust and stains from doors, door frames, handles;
- collection of waste and paper from baskets, paper-destructing machines, removal of waste to the designated place, inserting plastic bags into trash cans;
- cleaning of mirror and glass surfaces;
- watering flowers, caring for plants;
-cleaning, washing, disinfection with special solutions of toilet bowls, sinks, tiled walls, dispensers and accessories;
- filling dispensers with liquid soap and toilet paper, disposable paper for toilet, towels, deodorants;
- washing dishes (in the kitchen and in offices) and keeping the refrigerator and other kitchen appliances clean.
Monthly deep cleaning:
- cleaning of floors: sweeping, washing, removing stains from the floor, deep cleaning of the floor;
- vacuum cleaning of the carpet where applicable;
- Cleaning the Backyard and around the premise.
- removal of dust, removal of stains and sticky substances (chewing gum, traces of glue, etc.) from floors, carpets, upholstered furniture;
- wiping out heaters, radiators;
- cleaning and disinfection of the tiled wall, toilet bowls, sinks, bidets, urinals (including rust removal), deodorization.
Removal of dust from the ventilation & AC grilles on ceilings and walls. Cleaning of blinds, upholstered furniture, carpets and carpets;
- washing of windows.
- washing and disinfection of trash bins. Disinfection of a room .
- Disinfection and deodorization of drainage openings.
- cleaning of the conference room area before and after the arrival of visitors.
- Other duties at the discretion of UNOPS within the framework of this Terms of Reference.
progressively responsible experience in Cleaning and Housekeeping is highly desired.
Experience of working with the UN/NGO is preferable
Excellent Arabic speaking skills, intermediate writing and reading skills.
Basic English speaking skills and a good understanding of the English Language in general is highly desirable
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: Local Individual Contract ICS 1
Contract duration: 3 months, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.