Administrative Assistant - Administrative Division
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Provide integrative and adaptive coordination support, including the day-to-day operational and contractual matters, implementation and assessment of progress of tasks.
- Prepare and update meeting documents; correspondence, meeting files; draft reports and briefs; including the preparation of tables, graphs, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Support IMO working/drafting groups during meetings and assist, as required.
- Proofread and monitor quality and uniformity of correspondence and where necessary edit all correspondence, documentation and reports to ensure an excellent standard of language, grammar and spelling as well as presentation, in conformity with established IMO practices and with the IMO Style Guide.
- Assist in the coordination of meetings at IMO Headquarters or virtual meetings (via Teams or Zoom), as appropriate, ensuring internal logistical processes are followed for the effective preparation of the meeting.
- Communicate with participants; disseminate meeting information and materials in consultation with the line managers in the relevant Section. Liaise with focal points and sub‑contractors in the field, as required.
- Assist in monitoring the execution of budget (control of procurement aspects of the various contracts) through SAP and manage all procurement aspects including the preparation and control of the budget by maintaining accounts of the status of expenses for travel, contractual arrangements, planned commitments, etc. Produce statistical reports and statistics in Excel.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and framework requisitions in SAP, as well as goods receipt on delivery of purchased services or goods. Subject to travel restrictions being lifted, process trips in SAP by coordinating travel and visa arrangements, in consultation with the line manager and internal or external stakeholders on related matters such as accommodation, security clearance, meet and greet, etc.
- Organize databases and maintain the electronic filing system on SharePoint including all confidential files, administrative and finance-related files, project files, and other files.
- Maintain the diary and advise the line manager of all forthcoming meetings, commitments and appointments providing well-researched files with relevant background information, drawing attention to issues related to the work of the Section.
- Maintain and update webpages on the IMO public and intranet website.
- Perform any other related duties within the relevant Section and cover for other administrative staff, as may be required.