Operation Management Officer
Post Number : ADM 065
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: General Administrative Support
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 31-OCT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director general for Administration (ADG/ADM) and the direct supervision of the Chief of Administrative Services (ADS), the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the actions of the functions under his/her responsibility with a view to providing expert administrative, financial and budgetary advice, producing management information reports, reviewing and improving processes. S/he will ensure compliance to rules and regulations under his/her responsibility. S/he will establish objectives and supervise staff under his/her responsibility.Long Description
In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
• Coordinate and provide analysis of the the budget submitted by the offices for incorporation into the UNESCO Programme and Budget (C/5), provide advise as required.
• Provide guidance and support on administrative and financial management issues to Field/HQ Administrative Officers and senior programme staff. For this purpose, identify and review processes (in consultation with the relevant central services) to achieve high quality standards and efficiency in all the areas of operational management.
• Monitor execution of budget and alert supervisor of any under or over spending; provide advice on appropriate measures to be undertaken.
• Design a comprehensive management reporting to managers.
• Act as Certifying Officer in all central services by ensuring that financial transactions are in compliance with regulations, rules, policies and procedures and on matters relating to internal financial control.
• Responsible for HR Planning (including ensuring consistency of Job Descriptions, their internal coherence and timely updates; temporary assistance workforce planning )
• Participate in the elaboration of UNESCO management reports by providing information on the central services budget and special accounts.
• Identify any financial and internal control risks and advise on follow up measures to mitigate such risks.
• Elaborates and coordinates training planning and activities for Finance and Administrtaive Officers.
• Identifies and elaborates planning for the improvement and harmonization of processes and liaise with concerned services to implement them.
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in operation and administration of which preferably 2 years acquired at international level.
• Experience in the production of management reports.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
• Ability to provide quality and timely support and services.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to look for weaknesses in processes and to propose improvements.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to draft clearly and concisely.
• Excellent IT skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.); in particular knowledge of Excel.
• Very good knowledge of accounting functions in ERP systems such as SAP.
• Ability to work in a multicultural team with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English or French and good knowledge of the other
• Relevant experience in International organization
• Experience in supervising and managing staff.
• Knowledge of IPSAS.
• Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.