Operations Associate GS6 , Beirut, Lebanon, Fixed Term Appointment, PN#: 98907
UNICEF Lebanon is looking for an Operations Associate to provide support in Operations (HR, Supply, ICT, Admin and Finance), in support of coordination and oversight functions of the office of chief of Operations for Beirut and the Zone offices.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
UNICEF started to work in Lebanon in 1948 and established its office in 1950. For more than 70 years we’ve been working closely with the Government of Lebanon, other UN agencies, international and local NGOs, universities, and more than 100 partners to meet the needs of disadvantaged children in Lebanon. Responding to life-saving needs and ensuring equal access to quality public services, the impact of our work is felt in every aspect and every sphere of society. To learn more about our work, please refer to: https://www.unicef.org/lebanon/what-we-do .
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Representative (Operations). The incumbent provide support in the area of Operations (HR, Supply, ICT, Admin and Finance), in support of coordination and oversight functions of the office of chief of Operations for Beirut and the Zone offices:
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. you will support the Dep Rep (Operations) in monitoring the implementation and compliance with administrative policies, procedures rules and regulation. Contributes to recommendations on the improvement of internal.
2. you will assist in noting and following up on agreed action points from Operations meeting and field Visit. Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, prepares reports on administrative matters as required.
3. you will provide administrative support and services to UNICEF field offices, where applicable, including preparation and funding of service contracts, monitor payments against contractual obligations
4. you will assist other staff in office management. Arrange for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day administrative matters; participate in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices; collects, documents information on bottlenecks and recommended solutions and follows up on the action actions
5. Prepare on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
6. Assist in the preparation and monitoring of Operations cross sectoral budget applicable to staff and non-staff costs, and maintains necessary budgetary control records
7. Follow up with Programme assistants of various programme and office of the Representative on matters related to Operations such as documents needed, or approvals, etc,…
8. Support effective working relations with other UN agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on issues relating to administrative matters through information exchange, collaboration and harmonization
9. Perform other duties, as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: Completion of secondary education. Training in administrative field is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of Six years of progressively responsible clerical and administrative work agency or organization is considered as an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
i) Core Values
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
Works Collaboratively with others (1)
Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
*The 7 core competencies are applicable to all employees. However, the competency Nurtures, Leads and Managers people is only applicable to staff who supervise others.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
This position is not considered an elevated risk role. However, UNICEF reserves the right to conduct further vetting/ assessment within the scope of child safeguarding as appropriate.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, suitable female candidates will receive preferential consideration and selection, as long as they meet the eligibility requirements stated above.