IT Associate (Access Management and Automation), Customer Care, GS-6, Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary
The IT Associate for Access Management & Automation will support Customer Care’s processes improvement in areas of Access Management, Service Requests, Incident Management and Queries to ensure that effective and efficient solutions are implemented; will support systems integration between Service Gateway and other platforms; will support the identity and access management team’s daily work; will document and monitor automated Customer Care processes.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results.
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary provides services to UNICEF offices globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
GSSC has won the 2019 Business Services Firm of the Year in Hungary, one of 26 regional awards announced at the Central and Eastern European Business Services Summit & Awards held in Warsaw, Poland.
How can you make a difference?
The IT Associate for Access Management & Automation will support Customer Care’s processes improvement in areas of Access Management, Service Requests, Incident Management and Queries to ensure that effective and efficient solutions are implemented; will support systems integration between Service Gateway and other platforms; will support the identity and access management team’s daily work; will document and monitor automated Customer Care processes. In addition, the IT Associate is expected to handle tasks or projects assigned by the supervisor.
Summary of key functions:
1. Process Optimization and Automation (POA)
Support the POA team in improving and automating Customer Care processes, especially (but not limited) in areas of Access Management and Service Requests Management by:
- Programing solutions in different languages (i.e.: AutoIt, UiPath, SQL, PowerShell, etc.)
- Participating in documenting business requirements
- Systems configuration (i.e.: ServiceNow)
- Functional testing of provided solutions
2. Systems Integration between Service Gateway and other platforms
Provide support on systems integration between Service Gateway and other systems/platforms used by Customer Care, i.e.: Active Directory, AGORA (UNICEF Global Hub for Learning), SAP systems (eRecruitment, TST, VSB and Vision), Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC tool) and others.
3. Support the Customer Care Access Management team daily work
Provide global user support on systems account administration (create, maintain, deactivate and troubleshoot) for the following systems according to established processes/procedures/ practice: Active Directory, Office 365, SAP, WebHRIS (HR data system), Workgroup Management, and access and role assignment to other systems.
Ensure that all activities are undertaken in line with best practices (i.e., ITIL) with specific focus on incident and problem management.
4. Documentation and monitoring of automated processes
Liaise with the Customer Care team and other stakeholders to create Standard Operating Procedures, technical documentation, and User Guides for supported processes.
Work with GSSC Local IT in monitoring existing automation to ensure smooth operations.
Support the POA team in maintenance, update and fixing of existing automations underpinning supported services and processes.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement
- University level courses or studies in computer science, information systems, engineering, telecommunications, equivalent qualifications are desired
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience in information technology (IT) is required
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required
- Basic knowledge of scripting, programming in any programming language is required
- Basic knowledge of ServiceNow platform (i.e.: ITISM and Service Request modules) is required
- ITIL Certificate or equivalent Customer Support Certification is an asset
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset
- Knowledge of UN/UNICEF'S rules, regulations and procedures is considered an asset
- Additional criteria that are considered key for the successful performance of the incumbent within the context of the job requirement may be applied by the Hiring Section as part of shortlisting.
- Reference checks and performance evaluation reviews (where applicable) will be part of the selection process
Applicants must be nationals of EU countries or in possession of a valid work permit. Please attach a copy of your work permit to your application submission.
General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and the following core competencies:
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Works collaboratively with others
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.