WFP Innovation Accelerator - Business Support Assistant G3 (Events and Office Coordination)
We are seeking to fill a Short Term position (11 Months) of Business Support Assistant G3 (Events and Office Coordination) in the WFP Innovation Accelerator (INKA) based in Munich, Germany.
WFP seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Applicants must reside within commuting distance of the duty station (Buttermelcherstrasse 16, 80469 München) and must be German Residents holding a valid passport and/or identity card, or a valid Resident Permit to work and live in the country.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency fighting hunger. WFP reaches more than 80 million people every day - delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with smallholder farmers, communities and governments to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The WFP Innovation Accelerator has been named one of the top 10 innovative companies 2017 by FastCompany for operating a real start-up accelerator to disrupt global hunger at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). It identifies, supports and scales high potential solutions to hunger worldwide - both WFP innovators and external start-ups with $50-100K cash, hands-on support by our team and access to WFP's global operations in developing countries in a 3-6-month sprint programme. The most promising innovations are supported in scaling further. This support addresses both WFP innovations and external start-ups working on solutions to fight global hunger. More information here: http://innovation.wfp.org and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnKkQlRdh2c.
The Business Support Assistant will report to the Head of Business Development and will be expected to deliver a range of business support activities to ensure effective delivery of timely and quality services. The selected incumbent will provide business and office administrative support including but not limited to travel, procurement and events organization, maintenance of office files and records, etc.
The Business Support Assistant will be required to produce accurate and organized work and demonstrate good teamwork, proactiveness and communication skills while working in a multicultural environment with individuals of different races, cultures and backgrounds.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide timely and accurate service to clients.
- Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
- Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems to ensure information is organized and readily available for the business team.
SPECIFIC POST REQUIREMENTS (As required by the Hiring Manager)
- Some experience supporting the organization of events (on-site and virtual events).
- Some experience supporting travel arrangements, including flights/hotel bookings and protocol support
- Some knowledge of procurement processes.
- Some experience creating and maintaining filing structures and electronic records.
- Some experience liaising with internal and external stakeholders/entities for sharing and collating information.
- Some experience supporting the preparation of correspondence, information/communication materials.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system, international organization or non-governmental organization or some Knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules and regulations and procedures.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and German (Level C).
Experience: Three or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Knowledge of standardized business support work routines and methods.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft Word.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES as outlined in the Generic Job Profile ‘Business Support Assistant G3’ apply
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that the official internal title for this role will be 'Business Support Assistant G3' in line with WFP's job profiles.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Applicants must be:
- Be German Residents holding a valid passport and/or identity card, or a valid Resident Permit to work and live in the country.
- Reside within commuting distance (100-kilometer radius or distance that can be covered within 1.5 hours by car or public transport under average conditions of traffic, weather, and roads) to the office location at the duty station (address of the Duty station is Buttermelcherstrasse 16, 80469 München).
- Be able to work remotely.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
Deadline for applications: 28 October
Ref. VA: 150822