The Driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of IRC staff and materials; care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicle on a daily basis; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of IRC vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to supervisor any mechanical problems.
- Ensure vehicle is insured and all legal documents are in order at all times; inform supervisor three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
- Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situation.
- Drive IRC program staff in a safe and courteous manner to field sites across the country.
- Deliver mail/messages as directed.
- Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of vehicle.
- Give accurate reconciliation within the given period.
- Obey IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures at all times (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
- Assist programs or SCV in loading cargo for the field.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Transport Manager
Other internal and/or external contactsInternal: All staff