Senior Audio/Visual Technician
New York City (United States of America)
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 23 US cities. The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Job Overview/Summary:The purpose of the Senior Audio/Video Support Technician role is to assemble, adjust, and operate various audio and video components, including cameras, microphones, lights, support scheduled and just-in-time meetings and is responsible for all aspects of audiovisual meeting services. This individual will ensure that all A/V equipment is properly configured prior to events, advise participants in those meetings on the proper use of equipment (where appropriate) and will operate said equipment for key meetings. This role will work with all levels of Helpdesk, Engineering, Application, Security, Support, and other staff within IRC Technology to ensure that infrastructure under this scope are operating as specified, within SLAs, and properly maintained through process, procedures, monitoring, and SOPs to remain that way. This role will also provide operational support to Service Desk overseeing the IT asset management for software, licensing and technology related IT hardware within the organization. Also based on workload this role will provide general Service Desk support when required.
Major Responsibilities:Job functions include but are not limited to:
- Operating state of the art audio/visual systems integrated with video conferencing, projection, audio, video recording, playback and remote-control devices for daily meetings and organizational events in the NYHQ office in accordance with the daily conference room schedule and just-in-time requests.
- Managing and coordinating deployments of Mersive Solstice updates of PODs and client computers using Solstice Dashboard.
- Assisting & supporting coordination of AV support for events held at public facilities, which may include interaction with vendors and other facility support staff.
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving A/V equipment and connectivity issues.
- Maintaining a thorough inventory of A/V equipment and supplies, and monitoring the repair and replacement of non-working, damaged and/or obsolete equipment.
- Providing support for organization-wide, multi-point, and high-level meetings, which may include consulting with support staff, clients, and vendors to determine requirements, and monitoring meetings as required.
- Proactively interacting with meeting organizers to learn about meeting requirements; communicate expectations prior to the meetings. Provide individual instruction in equipment setup and operation when needed.
- Scheduling, launching, and troubleshooting web conferencing applications (e.g., Zoom, WebEx).
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting desktop video conferencing applications (e.g., Solstice Mersive software, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc).
- Assisting with the design and implementation of new technologies, equipment, and network services related to video conference and audio/visual services organization wide.
- Submitting information and articles for Knowledge base creation related to AV systems.
- Maintaining database information such as the license, allowed usage, renewal period, warranty period, annual increments, unit cost saving /avoidance, purchase order / contract number, and allocated user.
- Tracking technology upgrades, and end of lifecycle for hardware assets
- Documenting and monitoring of software licenses and or hardware assets to ensure compliance with organization
- Assisting in managing relations with 3rd party vendors
- Enforcing / Administering IT Asset Policy, Processes and Best Practices.
- Facilitate the business needs for ongoing technical support for obsolete equipment, and new equipment rollout / distribution.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Global Service Desk Manager
Position directly supervises: none
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Service Desk Manager, ServiceDesk
External: 3rd party Vendors
Education: College degree or relevant work experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Great problem solving skills
- Creative thinker – able to under pressure make evaluations and rationalizations to quick decisions
- Customer and Operationally focused --- always able to place the focus on the customer’s view and what’s best for the business operations
- Sensitive to executive needs and expectations for high-profile events.
- Ability to interface with and lead both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to set up, interconnect and operate audio/visual equipment, including LCD projectors and screens, document cameras and computers.
- Ability to integrate meetings with web and audio conferencing.
- Ability to set up, interconnect and operate video and audio equipment, including digital video cameras, audio tape decks, audio mixers, microphones and public address systems.
- Ability to operate complex audio/visual systems integrated with video conferencing, projection, audio, and recording, playback and remote control devices.
- Ability to operate portable videoconference equipment, establish point-to-point and multipoint connections, and interconnect auxiliary equipment such as computers and document cameras.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve A/V equipment and connectivity issues.
- Experience in utilizing IT Asset Management and discovery tool
- Experience reviewing contracts and licensure materials for software distribution
- Strong Supply chain/fulfillment background, establishing programs for distribution and recovery of equipment
- Ability to lift, transport and assemble audio/visual equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- A college degree is preferred. Experience can substitute for a degree.
- Minimum two years experience in A/V industry required.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with minimum supervision and willingness to work in a team environment
Language Skills: English
Certificates or Licenses:
- The position will work in the New York City Headquarters location and is expected to be on-site
- Standard office work environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.#LI_GR1