New York City (United States of America)
Location: Global, Remote
GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving – and millions of lives – by providing cash grants directly to the world’s poorest. The Brookings Institution estimates that $70B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of it on evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing cash transfers as a benchmark for foreign aid – as the index fund is a benchmark for the financial industry – and in the process accelerating the end of extreme poverty.
GD has raised over $700M since launching in 2011, delivered cash to more than 1 million people, and launched offices in 10 countries. We’ve also supported large-scale, experimental research that indicates strong recipient impact of our programs. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) have been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, diverse team. Joining GiveDirectly provides the opportunity to work alongside individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. We’re actively working toward an equitable and inclusive environment for all team members, and seek candidates who will bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our organization. We recruit from organizations across all industries: our team has hailed from sectors including start-ups, government, consultancies, investment banks, and nonprofits.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We value ability, adaptability, and willingness to learn. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as performance-based bonuses.
About this role
In this role, the Executive Assistant will be supporting four busy C-level executives (CEO, COO, CGO, CFO) in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills and excels at prioritizing across a range of administrative and support functions. The Executive Assistant will act as an internal resource and liaison for team members across all levels of the organization in support of communications and projects with the executive team. This candidate will display an exceptional professional demeanor, integrity and discretion when handling confidential information and sensitive matters. The Executive Assistant will be joining the People Team and will have the opportunity to collaborate with team members in support of GiveDirectly People initiatives.
Reports to: VP of People
- Optimize schedules for executive team across multiple time zones, external and internal meetings
- Plan logistics of large meetings and events
- Coordinate domestic and international travel itineraries and logistics, exhibiting thoughtful detail-oriented planning
- Manage time entry, credit card and expense reports for executive team
- Own special projects and initiatives as assigned by executive team
- Undertake other duties related to People Team projects
- Manage other administrative tasks including document production, document coordination, and office support
- Independently manage deadlines and tasks
Core competencies and experiences
- Years of experience: 2+ years in a multi-executive support role
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong personal time-management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain calm and good judgment in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Experience partnering well with senior leaders, especially managing up to senior internal or external stakeholders
- Required: Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Required: Fluent in English
- Preferred: Familiarity with Asana
- Strong alignment with GiveDirectly Values
- Active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
Why work at GiveDirectly?
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement
- A demonstrated commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary
- A monthly benefits allowance that covers Health, Dental, and Vision monthly premiums
- Unlimited PTO (that we encourage staff to take!)
- Desk allowance and flexible work location
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**