Facilities Management Assistant - Administrative Division
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Under the immediate supervision of the Facilities Manager and the leadership of the Chief, Office of Central Support Services, the incumbent will assist the Facilities Manager with the maintenance and operations of the Organization’s Headquarters premises. In particular:
- Manage the maintenance activities of the in-house contractor and their subcontractors relating to the external and internal building fabric, such as windows, doors, paintwork, cladding, tiling, carpets as well as external landscaped gardens and internal planters.
- Manage the maintenance activities of the in-house contractor and their subcontractors relating to Engineering Services such as heating, ventilation, lighting, and critical/life safety systems.
- Monitor daily and periodic general cleaning services such as office/toilet cleaning, carpets, kitchen deep cleans, window cleaning, linen services, refuse/waste disposal, medical waste, and pest control.
- Liaise with the Security Manager, to plan and coordinate activities associated with major events and visits by Heads of State.
- Liaise with the Conference and Catering Service Managers, to provide support for event setup for both internal stakeholders and external organizations.
- Coordinate and manage the activities relating to internal office moves, including space management and implementation.
- Manage activities relating to the acceptance of gifts to the IMO and Secretary-General. This includes recording of gifts, displaying and preparing gifts for presentation to the Secretary-General.
- Organize and manage activities relating to installation of Member States flags for World Maritime Day and Assembly.
- Manage statutory insurance inspections, ensuring this is monitored and recorded. Liaise with the in-house contractor to undertake remedial works for non-conforming assets as necessary.
- Prioritise the landlord's schedule of remedial action associated with the building's maintenance records and minor repairs. Liaise with the in-house contractor for the timely completion of actions.
- Draft specifications and terms of references for various building and alteration works, together with appropriate contract documentation for tendering purposes.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with the development, implementation, management and continuous improvements of various quality standards applicable to Facilities operations.
- Project manage IMO related projects for minor building works, including alterations and be the IMO focal point for landlord related projects.
- Prepare purchase requisitions using the SAP ERP system (Training will be provided if required), including the review of supporting documentation and invoices against the goods and services received.
- Act as the IMO Fire Safety Officer, ensuring that the fire warden list is up to date, liaise with HRS, as necessary, to recruit internal fire wardens, to report on lessons learnt from fire evacuations with improvements being made as a result and to prioritize and manage remedial actions regarding the building fire risk assessment.
- Perform other related duties, as may be required.