Airspace Data Domain Expert
- Function title: Airspace Data Domain Expert
- Reference: NOC-NM-2021-AD/393
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Grades for publication: AD5-6-7-8 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of appointment: 5 Year (s)
- Security clearance: EU/NATO SECRET
- Directorate/Service: NMD/NOM/OPS - Network Operations Unit
- Competition publication date: 16/12/2021
- Competition closing date: 27/01/2022 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate ,"Network Operations" ensures the efficient and effective provision of H24 Network Manager core operations and of the supporting operational services and the overall achievement of the service's objectives.
Your role will be to:
- Contribute to the development, analysis and validation of Airspace Data (AD) concepts operational requirements.
- Participate in the production and review of operational procedures and incidents.
- Develop technical requirements for the implementation of new AD concepts and relevant trainings’ content.
- Represent the AD domain in the NM release process and in current and future NM system development and projects.
- Review, improve and update AD documentation.
- Participate to AD domain working groups, meetings, draft reports and follow-up on actions as required.
- Identify improvement initiatives and contribute to the development of services, processes, etc. to contribute to the efficiency of the AD domain.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years in a relevant domain (ATM, Aeronautical Engineering, etc.), or professional training of an equivalent level. Higher level of education (e.g. Master degree) would be an asset.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience with Airspace Data concept of operations.
- Knowledge and experience in the following would be an asset:
o Airspace Data governance (procedures, roles and responsibilities);
o Mission critical ATM Data systems;
o Flight Operations;
o Functions and capabilities of Airspace Data technical and operational documentation;
o SQL skills.
- Planning & Organising: plans ahead and adapts as required.
- Communication: fosters two-way communication.
- Result focus: seeks to improve personal performance.
- Quality focus: sets and fosters high quality standards for others.
- Analytical thinking: analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2. The selected candidate will be required to become basic French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period. The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- Duration of appointment: This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract.
- Internal candidates
If selected, the person will keep their current type of appointment duration (undetermined or determined).
The internal staff member with a determined contract will be offered, in principle, an appointment for 5 Year (s) with a maximum total duration of 9 years.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications .
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.