Corporate Finance Management Officer (Generic Vacancy)
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
Within the Executive Directorate (EXD), the Programme, Budget and Financial Management Service (EXD/PBF), supports the Executive Director and the Office of the Secretary-General in framing of the OECD’s priorities, specifically in planning the biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB), the management of the Organisation’s financial resources, setting out financial and budget policies, co-ordinating the budget process, leading the end-to-end voluntary contribution management process, supervising the procurement function, ensuring the monitoring and accounting of all income and expenditure, hosting resource management activities and preparing the OECD's financial statements.
EXD/PBF is looking for Corporate Finance Management Officers to constitute a pool of candidates able to work within EXD/PBF in a number of financial management areas. Selected candidates will report to a team lead in the hiring area and will contribute to deliver financial activities for the entire Organisation and assigned Directorates and Programmes. Selected candidates could also have the opportunity to alternate between a variety of divisions (3-6 month rotation) by joining the PBF Mobile Unit.
Candidates should have relevant experience in one or more of the following areas\:
- Maintain accounts in the corporate accounting systems, and participate in the periodic closing of accounts (quarterly, year-end), following up with relevant internal stakeholders as needed.
- Prepare, control, reconcile and input quarterly budgetary and accounting entries.
- Prepare and process accounting transactions in the corporate accounting systems.
- Participate in the production of annual financial statements based on International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Support periodic external audit activities, including the preparation of supporting documentation.
- Ensure compliance of accounting activities and transactions with internal accounting rules and procedures.
Voluntary Contribution Management
- Review and revise voluntary contributions offers and agreements, ensuring compliance with applicable rules, policies and procedures.
- Participate in contract preparations and negotiations, including preliminary review of contractual terms.
- Review budget proposals to ensure costs are budgeted in conformity with relevant policies.
- Manage the acceptance procedures for voluntary contributions and grants.
- Analyse, review and maintain an overview of donor contractual conditions.
Corporate Budget Management
- Contribute to corporate budget preparation, implementation and execution.
- Ensure effective monitoring, control and analysis of budget execution by output result and funding source, in compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations.
- Actively contribute to the work of the Secretariat of the Procurement Board (internal review committee for high-value procurements), notably by ensuring that files submitted by Directorates and Programme conform with regulatory framework, risk mitigation, procurement process improvement .
- Ensure effective monitoring, control and analysis of procurement processes in compliance with applicable financial rules and procedures.
- Analyse data and translate it into accessible insights (dashboard/KPIs using Power BI, Excel VBA and other similar software).
- Act as a focal point for all procurement-related audit activities.
- Propose, build and support digitalisation, automation and/or process improvement projects.
- Partner with peers and internal clients to ensure strategic resolution of complex requests.
- Actively contribute to promoting procurement awareness within the team and the Organisation by sharing knowledge and best practices (trainings, tutorials, webcasts, chatbots, etc.)
- Provide internal clients with timely, comprehensive and accurate guidance on financial management and related processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain productive, collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders within and outside the Organisation.
- Contribute to financial process review and improvement and finance-related IT projects and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Candidates should have relevant experience in the following areas\:
Reporting and Communications
- Contribute to data management, analysis and reporting on financial information, including supporting preparation of consolidated strategic and/or analytical reporting for senior management.
- Develop and maintain consolidated dashboards on financial data.
- Contribute to communication strategies on financial information including identifying communication channels, developing content and induction and training materials.
- Develop and administer training sessions on financial policies and procedures; develop, maintain and update finance related guidelines, policies, manuals and procedures as necessary.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A university degree in accounting, business administration, finance, engineering or any related fields (including STEM and data sciences disciplines).
- A professional certification in finance/accounting domain (e.g. chartered accountant or equivalent) would be desirable.
- At least four years practical, relevant experience in either financial management, accounting, budget management, procurement or voluntary contributions/grants management.
- Proven experience conducting analyses of financial data and developing related reports and presentations for varied audiences.
- Experience developing, revising, interpreting and/or implementing financial rules and regulations, and providing clients and key stakeholders with advice and guidance on financial management policies and procedures.
- Experience working with financial management systems (e.g. SAP, GM, BO) and reporting software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau).
- Experience working with IPSAS based financial statements would be an advantage.
- Experience working with result-based management processes would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of seeking out innovative solutions to problems, demonstrating a solution-oriented mindset, ability to propose alternatives to reduce operational risk and increase efficiency, and an awareness and/or interest in new technologies.
- Experience in agile project management, data visualization, machine learning, process optimization or change management will be an asset.
- Proven ability to cope with conflicting requests and strict deadlines, to communicate strategically and work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SAP (reporting and accounting), BO (Business Objects) and SAP budget reporting systems would be an advantage.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important\: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Teamwork, Client focus and Organisational knowledge.
- Please refer to the level 2 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Monthly base salary starting from 4,771 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.