Senior Officer - GEDI
New York City (United States of America)
We are seeking a Senior Officerto support the Chief GEDI officer in developing a strategic, focused, effective, collaborative and result-driven Unit leadership team and culture. In this role, you will be a thought partner helping to analyze and solve complex problems, challenging existing paradigms, and ensuring that we are focusing our energy and time on the most important issues. You will put in place streamlined activities within the department and provide high-level project management, communication, and consultation support to the unit as well as developing, and implementing special projects.
This includes leading processes for timely implementation of multiple projects simultaneously through meaningful coordination of relevant implementation partners, budget management, knowledge management and communications.
Strategy Development & delivery Support
- Support the development of, and implement, strategies to ensure the effective performance of the GEDI team, with a focus on hard-working, coordinated and fulfilled teams.
- Own the coordination of complex, global mechanisms to support improved prioritization, delivery, and communication within the GEDI Team and with other departments.
- Collaborate with GEDI leadership to develop, build, and maintain GEDI’s action plan dashboard, monitoring progress against indicators/metric and coordinating production of periodic progress report.
- Coordinate and support GEDI Unit events, including project-related conferences, advocacy events, and annual Unit retreats.
- Supervise and mentor the GEDI Department Manager, and support them in providing general administrative services.
- Implement special projects as needed – these may be cross-functional or specific, short or long term.
- Be responsible for and manage the GEDI unit’s budget, including the review of monthly Budget vs Actuals and transaction detail reports maintaining accurate spending plans.
- Coordinate with the Finance team to create annual budget packages and lead budget forecasting activities.
- Support the administrative management of contractual agreements and payments for the GEDI Unit.
- Communicate the GEDI vision to the global communications team and work together to build an annual and far-reaching internal communications plan for the unit.
- Develop content to communicate information related the GEDI action plan including publication, PowerPoint presentations, excel worksheets, memos, etc.
- Ensure ongoing engagement with all partners to keep them informed of progress and updates
- Assist the GEDI Unit team members in the production and review of external reports, presentations, and other communications content as needed.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business Administration, Education, Int’l Affairs, Social Work, etc.) - or equivalent experience.
- Approximately 6 years related non-profit and/or portfolio/project management roles that require substantial cross-departmental collaboration to deliver in a fast-paced work setting.
·(Desirable) Experience in Gender and Diversity Equality and Inclusion strategy and organizational change.
- Some field experience is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with a shown ability to lead and prioritize multiple streams of portfolios with attention to detail.
- Strong project and partner management skills with the ability to deliver on complex, critical initiatives on timelines.
- Proven budget management skills, including experience tracking expenses and developing spending plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communicating complex initiatives clearly and engagingly
- Confirmed writing and editing skills: draft memos & letters and edit reports and proposals.
- Experience in business development for non-profit organizations, including with government and private donors.
- Highly versatile and flexible, with a high degree of comfort in changing and refining priorities and results.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify and address multifaceted business needs.
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the proven track record to advocate and gain support from others for new ideas.
- Excellent digital literacy: MS Word, Excel, and file sharing.
- Excellent ability to adapt to, and work seamlessly with, different personalities and communication styles.
- Ability to create a team environment and share across a global context.
- Working independently and productively in a fast-paced environment – pro-activity and initiative to problem solve within the job parameter is critical.
- Understanding of gender, diversity and inclusion practices for organizational change processes, with some confirmed experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- Standard office environment
- Travel up to 10% of the time
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
IRC is an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team at all levels who as individuals, and as a group, embody our culture statement creating a working environment characterized by critical reflection, power sharing, debate, and objectivity for us to achieve our aspirations as a unit and deliver the best possible services to our clients. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including paid parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We strongly encourage qualified female professionals with a diverse set of backgrounds to apply.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to partake in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Are you ready to join our dynamic team? We eagerly await your application!#LI_GR1