Digital Content Officer
VACANCY TITLE Digital Content Officer
LOCATION Rotterdam, the Netherlands
TERM Initial contract duration 1 year with possibility of extension
INTENSITY Full time
ANTICIPATED START DATE As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE 31 01 2022; 5pm CET
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) is an international organization that works as a solutions broker to catalyze action and support for adaptation solutions, from the international to the local, in partnership with the public and private sector, to ensure we learn from each other and work together for a climate resilient future. Adapting to impacts of climate change provides a “win-win” for health, livelihoods, food security, water supply, human security and economic growth. The work of the GCA elevates the visibility and political importance of climate adaptation and facilitates solutions, such as smarter investments, new technologies and better planning to become more resilient to climate-related threats. GCA is a rapidly growing organization with offices in Abidjan, Beijing, Dhaka, Groningen, and Rotterdam.
GCA has an ambitious 2020-2025 business plan with three pillars:
- Programs and Action: Food Security; Using Nature for more resilient infrastructure; Water for Urban Growth and Resilience; Climate Finance; Youth Leadership
- Knowledge Acceleration: Building adaptation knowledge globally through cutting edge products such as the State and Trends in Adaptation Report and the Knowledge Exchange Platform
- Agenda Setting and Advocacy: Formulating policy messages to move the global, regional, and local adaptation agendas forward.
GCA’s work program in Africa is of paramount importance. All the components of GCA’s Business Plan must succeed to support changing the momentum and pace of adaptation in Africa. Guiding GCA’s program in Africa is the Africa-owned and Africa-led Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program (AAAP), co-created with the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) to implement the vision of the Africa Adaptation Initiative to support African countries on key adaptation initiatives.
The AAAP is contributing to closing Africa’s adaptation gap and supporting African countries to make a transformational shift in their development pathways by putting climate adaptation and resilience at the centre of their critical growth-oriented and inclusive policies, programs, and institutions. It is scaling up successful initiatives fundamental to African nations’ economic development, and prosperity for women and men. The four pillars of the AAAP are: Climate Smart Digital Technologies for Agriculture and Food Security, the Africa Infrastructure Resilience Accelerator, Empowering Youth through Jobs and Entrepreneurship, and Innovative Financial Initiatives for Africa.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GCA seeks a dynamic individual to fill the role of Digital Content Officer to contribute as a core team member to amplifying GCA’s role as the global adaptation solutions broker on various digital platforms.
The Digital Content Officer will report to the Senior Digital Content Officer while working closely with other members of the External Affairs Team, thematic leads and colleagues
Areas of responsibility
The Digital Content Officer will contribute the following:
- Lead the development of social media and web content and campaigns in French (in alignment with English content and campaigns), in particular to support GCA’s work in Africa under the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program.
- Assist in developing, preparing, scheduling and posting content on GCA’s various social media accounts in English and French (including the use of social media management tool Hootsuite).
- Contribute to promoting GCA’s work and adaptation solutions by collaborating with program teams on developing engaging content and campaigns.
- Contribute to developing, populating and sharing social media content on Trello boards with communications counterparts in partner organizations to amplify GCA’s messages.
- Create weekly web and social media campaign analytics reports.
- Create weekly social media listening reports, which involves building out stakeholder lists and summarizing the most relevant social media posts to GCA’s agenda.
- Work with program and finance teams to prepare campaign-based analytics reports needed for donor reporting.
- Support internal communications by putting together GCA’s weekly internal newsletter, which involves liaising with colleagues and laying out the newsletter on email marketing tool Mailchimp.
- Monitor the social media output of international organizations and other relevant social media content producers, and propose innovative approaches to engaging and informing our target audiences.
- Assist in posting content on the GCA website.
- Ad hoc tasks as required to support the team.