Africa - Sr Program Officer, ABA ROLI
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
This position assists with development and programmatic support of ROLI programs in field office in emerging democracies and transitioning states. Provide support to and leads efforts in support of the ROLI Regional Councils to include meeting preparation and logistics, group travel arrangements, and associated expense management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of work plans and tracks all aspects of program implementation.
- Participates in the development of proposals and supporting budgetary requirements.
- Participates in the recruitment of workshop faculty and short- and long-term experts within an assigned area.
- Accompanies study tours and assist with program organization and activities and supports the tour leader.
- Provides support to and is accountable for logistical arrangements for domestic and international events and is accountable for the preparation or relevant briefing materials.
- May participate in ABA ROLI representation domestically.
- Actively participates in and assists in the development of M&E plans and ensures the effective implementation of M&E systems is based upon such data.
- Participates in the preparation of information and materials provided to donors.
- Assigns, coordinates, and participates in research activities as assigned.
- Assists in all compliance efforts with ABA and other donor policies, practices, procedures, and regulations.
- Accountable for adherence to and complianc3e with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act [FCPA].
- Conducts research and/or leads less senior Program Officers in the conduct of research related to ROLI initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Basic Qualifications & Interests (BQIs)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- At least four (4) years of work experience in a program management capacity.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or possession of a Juris Doctorate from an ABA Accredited Law School or comparable foreign law school.
- Previous work experience overseas.
- Previous work experience in a not-for-profit, association, and/or NGO setting.
Please apply on our website: https://us61e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/aba/Posting/View/2082