Finance Team Leader Uganda Kampala
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines, and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis for the field office
- Ensure proper filing of supporting documents
- Management of field office finance team including Officers and Assistants
- Support area office project staff in financial matters
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the field office
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedure
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Assist the Field Coordinator in preparing cash forecasts and monitoring cash flows and expenditures
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports as appropriate for review and consolidation by the Finance coordinator.
- Assign duties, supervise, train and appraise the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant.
- Play essential role in procurement processes and ensure compliance as member of bid committee in the field;.
- Responsible for the quality posting of costs into Agresso and meeting global deadlines for the field Office.
- Verifies payments/cheques/cash payments in order to ensure that complete supporting documentation is available
- Contribute in the design, development and implementation of the financial management policies, procedures and practices
- Support the Finance Coordinator AO and CO in audit preparations and close-out.
- Ensure that all payments are processed on time and have good overview of the locations of the signatories at any given time
- Assist the Field Coordinator in maintaining overall budget control; Provide up-to-date analysis and regular reports of the field office financial status and share detailed Budget vs. Actual reports for the entire field offices with the Area Manager upon request and at least once a month. Ensure documented BvA meetings with action plans and follow-ups as delegated by the Field Coordinator.
- Work with the Finance Coordinator and ensure accurate, reliable master support budget is in place and updated
- Work with Finance Coordinator, budget holders and various support staff to prepare quality budget proposals.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line and/or technical supervisor.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum of University Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar position preferably with an NGO
- Good knowledge of accounting packages; preferably Agresso
- Good skills in Excel and Word
- Documented knowledge/experience to initiate/develop policies/revision of finance SOPs
- Member of relevant professional accounting body is an added advantage
- Experience from working in a Finance senior position/managing finance team preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context.
Only Ugandan Nationals should apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: