Fund Raising Assistant (Digital Media), GS5, Brasilia, Brazil, Post#114993
the Digital Marketing Assistant (Media) is responsible for executing a broad variety of routine tasks and some specialized for the respective section, requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF digital fundraising campaigns, procedures, processes and policies.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, dedication
The UNICEF Resource Mobilization & Partnership Section team is located in Brasília/São Paulo and is divided in three big areas being Fundraising, Marketing Services and Corporate Partnership. The Fundraising sector divides further into Digital Fundraising, Information and Analysis, Donor Optimization and Direct Marketing. This position will report to the Fundraising Officer (Digital).
Due to the growth in complexity, number of individual donors, variety of digital subchannels of communication, it is necessary to establish a capacity to the Digital Fundraising team to implement the strategy and support the achievement of the established goals set by the Global Headquarters and Brazil’s Country Office.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the Digital Marketing Assistant (Media) is responsible for executing a broad variety of routine tasks and some specialized for the respective section, requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF digital fundraising campaigns, procedures, processes and policies:
Digital Campaigns Planning & Management
- Assists the briefings and monitoring of digital agencies when developing a variety of new digital campaigns, plans and creatives;
- Provides inputs and offer suggestions in the weekly meetings, on topics related to learnings, optimizations and innovative ideas within the team and agencies;
- Brings traditional and creative ideas for improvement;
- Produces periodic (weekly, monthly) and ad hoc reports, letters and other paperwork;
- Conducts researches to collect useful media data;
Digital Campaigns Monitoring
- Ensures the availability of timely, complete and accurate information and data for preparing section work plans and campaign management plans;
- Undertakes basic research and performs comparative analysis of campaign related data;
- Monitors various simultaneous campaigns implemented by different agencies against established milestones and makes recommendations to improve performance;
- Helps ensure timely compliance with agreed deadlines;
- Acts as focal point in the review and evaluation of Data Analytics reports on a daily basis with key performance indicators, generating insights to improve results;
Invoice Processing & Other Assignments
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section;
- Maintains up-to-date vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters;
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in the system;
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries;
- Performs any additional assignments as requested by the supervisor;
- Represent the supervisor in communications involving the exchange of non-routine information, coordinating and following up on deadlines as well as establishing and maintaining communications with staff across various divisions.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to marketing, Advertising, IT, or digital related areas.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience with media plan management, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Programmatic Media, Monitoring & Evaluation of Data Analytics, paid media driven CRO, paid media driven A/B testing.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required. Knowledge of Spanish is considered as an asset.
- Experience with Google Data Studio or other dashboard tools; Lead Generation campaigns; DMP, DSP and programmatic media; SEO; 3rd sector organizations;
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities;
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background;
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability;
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, representing the diversity of Brazil, such as black and indigenous people, to apply to become a part of our organization. Candidates will be equally considered regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, social and HIV/aids status.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Candidates must be Brazilian citizens or have a valid work permit.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
All candidates who wish to apply to this Vacancy Announcement are requested to prepare and submit their application in English.