Data Architecture Intern
New York City
SCOPE OF INTERN WORK & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data Architecture Intern will gain firsthand experience collecting, organizing and analyzing raw data into usable information for the IRC NYC office to interpret. The Data Architecture intern will work under the supervision of the Career Development Supervisor at the Economic Empowerment department.
COMMITMENT: 6 months starting in July 2022, 15+ hours per week. Hybrid work model and flexible schedule.
1. The intern will gain knowledge of domestic refugee resettlement programs, processes, and how data is used to inform decision-making.
2. The intern will learn how to use multiple government and funder-mandated databases to gather and assess data pertaining to national and IRC refugee arrivals trends and resettlement outcomes.
3. The intern will strengthen data engineering skills to effectively communicate accurate, reliable and visually appealing data to various audiences (including leadership, field office staff, Finance, Communications & Advocacy).
- Collaborate with management to understand organization objectives.
- Gather and reconcile data between multiple teams serving refugees and immigrants, that currently use different government and funder-mandated databases.
- Develop processes to transform data into useful, actionable information.
- Give data-based input to improve intake, referral, administrative, communication, and client screening processes.
- Provide data analysis to increase program scalability and impact.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies.
- Help increase programs’ efficacy.
- Participate in multidisciplinary brainstorms, working sessions, and other collaborative discussions.
- Provide data analysis support responding to ad hoc report requests.
- Assist in creating Excel reports and dashboards as needed.
- Perform additional internship-related duties and responsibilities as requested.
The ideal candidate for this role is a problem-solver and self-starter who effectively collaborates with other teams to deliver user-centric insights. The selected intern will help define and shape solutions that scale, using multiple tools and techniques to uncover user insights. The supervisor will provide the intern with support and mentorship.