Deputy Director, National Community Health Systems (NCHS)
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
This role was posted on March 23, 2022, and is open until April 8, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
The Deputy Director, NCHS will support the Director of NCHS in leading the technical support to the Ministry of Health(MOH) in regard to leadership and management, health workforce advocacy, supervision monitoring, and implementation of the National Community Health Assistant(CHA) Program and act as a liaison and trusted advisor to Ministry of Health (MOH) technical teams, particularly the Community Health Services Division (CHSD), National Health Promotion Division (NHPD) and Division for Environmental and Occupational Health (DEOH), Human Resource for Health(HRH), Health Financing Unit(HFU) and perform oversight role for Last Mile Health(LMH) Montserrado CHT Engagement.
The Deputy Director for NCHS will support the technical staff of LMH and the MOH on the overall creation and implementation of the Community Health annual operational plan. In the absence of the Director, the Deputy Director is also responsible for overseeing all aspects of program management activities, including but not limited to program planning, budgeting, staffing, stakeholder management, and performance reporting.
This position is only open to Liberian Nationals candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical assistance and expert guidance as needed to the MOH regarding the day-to-day management, implementation, and leadership for Community Health Services Programs
- Provide oversight support to technical staff to ensure advocacy for sustaining gender-sensitive community health cadres and sustainable training pathway and career ladder for Community Health Workforce.
- Provide general oversight for all technical assistance and capacity building efforts to the CHSD, HRH, and HFU of MOH to ensure quality in operational planning, review meetings, supervisions, Community Health Workers advocacy, supervision data analysis, data tracking, and audit to ensure quality services to the National Community Health Assistant (CHA) Program
- Support the MOH during policy execution, review, and design of the National Community Health Assistant Program.
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures, Strategic Plan, Supervision Tools and Processes, Curriculum, and other relevant documents as needed to ensure the sustainability and high-quality design of the National CHA.
- Actively participate in planning and coordination meetings and engagement activities among MOH officials, partners, and donors related to National CHA Program.
- Continue Clinical Education and global community health activities including the Integrating Community Health (ICH) Program to increase stakeholder buy-in and lead the relationship with key stakeholders.
- Provide technical oversight for the Health Finance fellow and their partnership with the MOH Health Financing Unit to ensure the expansion and prioritization of health sector financial resources
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in global health and/or development, preferably in advancing health system policies alongside government counterparts of community health programs, including curriculum development and quality assurance with national ministries of health, OR
- Master’s Degree in Health-related field and 3+ years of experience in technical services and program management of community health programs with national Ministries of Health.
You’ll Impress Us Ifs
- Experience designing, developing and revising adult learning curriculum in the health field for various cadres of health workers.
- Experience creating curriculum for low literacy learners.
- Experience managing complex projects, ideally with diverse teams of technical partners and government counterparts
- Experience in government engagement especially in the health sector
- Experience carrying out quality assurance, supervision, mentoring and coaching for community health volunteers/workers as well as their supervisors and trainers
- Strong organizational, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Self-driven and able to launch projects and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to influence change, inspire teamwork, and efficiently achieve results.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia, the range is $30,000 - $40,000 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.