Admin and Procurement Officer, Project JEET
Admin and Procurement Officer, Project JEET
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
CHAI in partnership with its India affiliate, William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF) has been working in India since 2004 in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the central and state levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, CHAI/WJCF programs, supports government initiatives on Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, cancer, immunization, and health financing. Additionally, CHAI/WJCF supports many state governments on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anemia, diarrhea, and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality family planning services.
India continues to bear the world’s highest burden of tuberculosis (TB) in terms of absolute numbers of incident TB cases. An estimated 350 million people in India are latently infected with TB and approximately four million new TB infections occur every year. The National Strategic Plan 2017–2025 has set an ambitious vision of eliminating TB by 2025 and to that end, resolved to initiate 95% of eligible cases on TB Preventive Treatment (TPT) by 2025.
The Joint Effort for Eliminating TB (JEET) project aims to address the LTBI burden by establishing innovative mechanisms for contact tracing of pulmonary TB patients and ensure access to quality care. The project is the first of its kind, large scale programmatic intervention on LTBI and is being implemented in 11 states and union territories across the country reaching over 1.3M individuals over three years. Under the COVID19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) supported by the Global Fund for Active Case Finding interventions are planned at the community level to mitigate the effect of COVID19 on Tuberculosis. The project aims to introduce and operationalize hand-held X-ray machines integrated with Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) software; it is envisaged that deployment of highly sensitive screening tool (X-ray) along with high throughput interpretation (CAD) and subsequent linkage to appropriate diagnostics would reduce delays in pre-treatment loss to follow-up (LTFU). In addition, these tools would be of significant use in active case finding in various settings.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials with experience in procurement and office administration. The Officer will be responsible for the procurement process for the project and for other associated administrative duties.
The Officer should have excellent communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, and can thrive in a challenging multi organizational environment. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic. The ideal candidate is expected to be innovative, strong decision-makers with eye for detail, be able to assiduously manage funds for procurement whilst adhering to the highest compliance standards and stringent reporting requirements. They should be able to provide accurate insight into the current portfolio of procurement to ensure minimum disruption to project activities. The Admin and Procurement Officer will report directly to Senior Finance Lead- Global Fund and will be based at Delhi.
Procurement and Contracts
- End-to-end responsibility for all project procurements and support the team on relevant processes [Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotations (RFQ], firming up the bid evaluation criteria as per norms & other competitive procurement tools to ensure that all the processes are in line with policies and procedures
- Support / Assist team in procuring goods or services in accordance with the project workplan and lead times
- Assist in co-ordinating pre bid conference for specified goods / services
- Ensure procurement processes adhere to the highest standards of fair, open, ethical procurement whilst adhering to value for money principles and in accordance with the specified budgets and policies
- Receive proposal/quotations, prepare analysis and support procurement panel members with preparation of evaluation score sheets and finalization of agency
- Prepare selection memos, purchase orders with complete documents as per policy; ensure approvals and documents are in order and track Purchase Orders and Work orders
- Update and review of vendor database periodically to ensure quality services
- Ensure timely dispatch of materials at various locations and ensure regular supply chain
- Coordinate the pre-shipment and post-shipment inspections as required
- Verify and process invoices related to purchase orders for all contracts electronically as well as in physical copy and maintain the database of executed contracts and update head office
- Assist Finance Lead by providing required documents for audit and support contract and grant management tasks as requested.
- Plan, execute and manage the logistical arrangements for programmatic meetings and managing communications related to it with headquarters including security and emergencies etc.
- Maintain a tracking system for all travel domestic and international including process & follow up on visa applications of staff when on official travel
- Maintain office files and tracking systems for all procurements
- Review and verify invoices from vendors, project state office and submit to finance with all supporting documents for processing.
- Provide administrative and program support to operations, finance, technical, administrative and procurement senior staff.
- Maintain asset records and ensuring timely verification
- Provide support during donor’s visits, internal/statutory and project auditsTrack administration related bills, due dates, collection, and verification of bills, making payments and vouchers preparation etc.
- Ensure adherence and follow-ups to implementation of organizational policies and procedures, donor and statutory requirements.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in business administration, or related field preferred
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context
- Computer literate with demonstrated proficiency and advanced hands‐on experience in procurement and administration
- Experience and knowledge of financial and procurement management processes and procedures
- Proven ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines – advanced ability to self-manage
- Willing to travel in project geographies, approximately 20% of the time