Client Voices & Community Engagement Coordinator
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and regain control of their future. For over [x] years the IRC office in [city/state] has provided a range of services to refugees, immigrants, and other working families including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, and case management.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
The Client Voices and Community Engagement Coordinator will support IRC efforts in Abilene strengthen client engagement and feedback initiatives. IRC believes that designing our strategies and programs based on clients’ particular needs and preferences is one of the most critical drivers of impact. We also believe that we have a role to play in working with clients so that they can engage as an equal, influential partner both with IRC and in the broader community. Strengthening client voice in all aspects of our work and increasing accountability to clients is an IRC priority, and the Client Voices and Community Engagement Coordinator will play a key role in supporting client engagement and feedback initiatives at the local level. The Coordinator will also be key in building partnerships across the community, including with diaspora networks, in order to better support clients as they integrate into their new communities, strengthen community relations, and support the communities that welcome them. The Coordinator will be the key liaison with client and community groups such as client advisory board(s), and facilitate groups such as community leadership trainings and Refugee Voices activities.
Client Voices and Community Engagement Capacity Building
- Work with office leadership and program office staff, with support from the HQ Client and Community Engagement team, to develop, implement, and document a strategy to build upon and sustain client and community engagement capacity and practices.
- Coordinate client collaboration and engagement initiatives, supporting the priority that clients have greater and more sustained influence over decisions that impact their lives. This could include but is not limited to coordinating the office’s advisory body and supporting program staff to include clients and communities in program design processes.
- Foster the inclusion of clients and client inputs into office strategy formulation, program development, and funding proposals.
- Provide support with client needs assessments and intersectional context analysis, including through collaboration with office leadership and program managers.
- Provide training to staff on how to effectively engage clients and community members
Client Feedback Support
- Collaborate with and support office program staff on client satisfaction, core indicator, and feedback efforts, including but not limited to focus group discussions and surveys.
- Collaborate with office and headquarters Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) colleagues to create and implement client-responsive and Gender, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (GEDI)-informed methods for collecting client feedback.
- Understand from clients their preferred ways to engage and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with local program staff and HQ stakeholders to test, adapt, and/or develop client-responsive and GEDI informed client feedback tools and processes.
- Support and collaborate with program staff to foster equitable client accessibility to input and feedback mechanisms.
- Support office compliance with IRC client complaints and feedback policies.
- Support program staff to develop feedback action plans, including:
o Provide insight to clients and community members regarding how information was used and the outcome
o Present client engagement and feedback information to leadership at a regular cadence
o Support as needed with coordinating additional actions, including internal and external referrals
Community Capacity Sharing and Influencing
- Support client input and collaboration into discussions with external partners
- Grow local Refugee Voices programming, a platform for, equip, and partner with former refugees and other New Americans to mobilize in order to advocate, tell their story, develop leadership, volunteer, or take other actions in support of other refugees and refugee programs in the United States.
- Organize and facilitate community leadership and civic engagement trainings and groups.
- Coordinate engagement with Ethnic Community Based Organizations (ECBOS).
- Stay connected to and proactively engage with local refugee and diaspora communities, and raise community issues to office leadership.
Client Voices and community engagement learning at the global level
- Pilot and input into recommendations, learning, and knowledge into global Client and Community Engagement related tools and processes.
- Actively participate in RAI’s Client and Community Engagement working group and community of practice.
- Standard, professional office environment at IRC offices
- Regular travel to off-site locations is required with a valid driver’s license;
- Occasional evening and/or weekend activities as needed
- Access to a reliable vehicle to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for meetings and events.
All are invited to apply but we particularly welcome applicants who bring lived experience of forced migration to the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.