Roster – Project Manager - Gender Studies
- Overall management of the initiative and provision of technical inputs in the implementation of the project under the overall guidance and advisory support of the government.
- Preparation and updating of the project’s detailed annual work and financial, procurement, and M&E plan based on the project results framework and theory of change.
- Management of project funds, maintaining financial integrity, and ensuring effective use of project resources following UNDP’s Programme and Operations Policy and Procedures.
- Provision of quality and timely financial reports as per UNDP financial rules and regulations.
- Management, certification, and reporting on financial disbursement based on approved work plan and payment schedule.
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation of outputs and accomplishments towards the achievement of project intended outputs;
- Ensuring effective, efficient and timely implementation of activities.
- Building and maintaining an effective working relationship with key partners and stakeholders, especially with the Project Steering Committee.
- Development and finalization of Memorandum of Agreements, Responsible Party Agreements, or other relevant legal instruments with relevant entities.
- Ensuring the development, implementation, and monitoring of Project’s Partnership and Coordination Plan;
- Promotion of coordination, dialogue, and good practice knowledge sharing among stakeholders;
- Ensuring effective collaboration with the UN and other development partners.
Efficient support to tasks related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensuring the development, implementation, and monitoring of Project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan;
- Establishment of suitable monitoring mechanisms and undertaking of regular monitoring and reporting on project progress, risks and constraints; updating of the implementation plan as required;
- Promotion of accountability through effective programme results reporting (monthly, quarter, and annual progress and financial reports).
- Ensuring the development, implementation, and monitoring of Project’s Advocacy and Strategic Communications Plan;
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to project goals;
- Sound contributions to UNDP’s knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Innovation (Ability to make new and useful ideas work)
Level:5 Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them
- Leadership: (Ability to persuade others to follow)
Level 5: Plans and acts transparently, actively works to remove barriers
- People Management: (Ability to improve performance and satisfaction)
Level 5: Models high professional standards and motivates excellence in others
- Communication (Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform)
Level 5: Gains trust of peers, partners, clients by presenting complex concepts in practical terms to others
- Delivery (Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement)
Level 5: Critically assesses value and relevance of existing policy / practice and contributes to enhanced delivery of products, services, and innovative solutions.
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Analysis and creation of messages and strategies
- Creates effective advocacy strategies
- Performs analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information for linkages across programme activities to help identify critical points of integration
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation.
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
Identifying and building partnerships
- Effectively networks with partners seizing opportunities to build strategic alliances relevant to UNDP’s mandate and strategic agenda.
- Identifies needs and interventions for capacity building of counterparts, clients, and potential partners.
- Promotes UNDP’s agenda in inter-agency meetings.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Developing new approaches
- Seeks a broad range of perspectives in developing project proposals
- Identifies new approaches and promotes their use in other situations
- Creates an environment that fosters innovation and innovative thinking
- Makes the case for innovative ideas from the team with own supervisor
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Developing tools and mechanisms
- Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches
- Identifies new approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
In-depth knowledge of the subject-matter
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the
fundamental concepts of related disciplines
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignment
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Analysis and creation of messages and strategies
- Performed analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for global advocacy work and adapts it for use at country level
Contributing to positive outcomes for the client
- Anticipates client needs
- Works towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between the clients and service provider
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s perspective
- Solicits feedback on service provision and quality
Masters’ Degree in gender studies, social sciences, public administration, business administration, or other related fields or bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of Master’s.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments. An additional 2 years are required for bachelor’s degree holders.
- Proven experience, working in close partnership with and establishing strong relationships with a broad base of stakeholder, with a special emphasis on Government partners.
- Previous experience working with UNDP/UN or International NGOs would be an asset.
- Proven ability to use computers and office software packages, and experience in handling web-based management systems
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: