Audio Visual and Technical Support Specialist
New York City
Background/IRC Summary: The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Job Overview/Summary: We are currently seeking an Onsite Audio-Visual Support Technician with strong customer-facing abilities. This candidate will support all audiovisual needs and end-user technologies for our office in New York. This position will support all audiovisual needs and end-user technologies as well as provide services which include equipment installation, equipment set-up, testing, technical documentation, and training. Excellent customer communications skills combined with strong AV technical background required. This is not a Help Desk or Customer Support role handling calls for Network, Desktop, or other IT issues. However, knowledge in these areas as they relate to Audio Visual and video conferencing support is required.
Customer Service and Communication
- Professionally, respectfully and effectively represents IT Team members, and IRC services to the users.
- Keep accurate notes of issues and troubleshooting steps taken within our ticketing system.
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to ensure issue resolution and user satisfaction.
- Adhere to internal audit responsibility policies and procedures and communicate the same to the end-users.
- Provide Audio/Video and Computing support for high profile onsite/offsite presentations, events, and meetings.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot video conferencing applications (e.g., Teams, Zoom, WebEx, Solstice...)
- Actively update, maintain and monitor all aspect of computer systems and AV
- Daily follow through the AV Checklist to make sure that all AV rooms are functional and ready to use
- Monitor scheduled meetings and proactively reach out to meeting organizer to provide assistance
- Work with Facilities team to block the meeting rooms for testing and maintenance
- Liaise with VIP and other users to proactively confirm requirements of upcoming meetings and support
- Work with the Helpdesk manager and Team Leads to review feedback from staff when it comes to AV, connectivity, and computer related issues, and work together on implementing proactive resolutions.
- Train and mentor helpdesk staff to ensure readiness for IT & AV issues
- As time allows serve as the backup helpdesk technician to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within the company
- Support cloud infrastructure and automate repetitive operational functions
- Perform other duties as required
Administrative Tasks & Record Keeping
- Maintain a thorough inventory of A/V equipment and supplies, and monitoring the repair and replacement of non-working, damaged and/or obsolete equipment
- Validate knowledgebase articles and user documentation.
- System administration and maintenance.
- Close tickets within established service levels.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Manager Service Desk
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Team Leads
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
The technician will work independently and, in a team, setting daily. He/she will interact with vendors as needed.
Internal: Team Leads, AV/Helpdesk Support, System Engineer, Desktop Engineer, Network Engineers, Knowledgebase Manager
External: Vendors: Phone Vendor, Printer Vendor, MAC Support, Microsoft Support, and other as needed.
Education: College degree or equivalent certification
· 3-5 years of proven experience in AV and IT support with proven record in customer skills including VIPs
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Certificates or Licenses: A+ Certification, SCCM, Azure, ITIL
Working Environment: The position will work in the New York, NY Office and is expected to be on-site. Standard office work environment. This position is from 8AM EST, with flexibility for overtime. Copy of the vax card is a must.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.