General coordinator (F/M) - Nepal
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has worked in Nepal since 1995. Since 2020, MdM implements a program in Nepalgunj and Banke district (south-west of Nepal, Indian border), towards people involved in formal and informal waste management and towards farmers. The overall objective is to mitigate health risks related with waste management and pesticide use, to increase their access to decent and safe work, to promote access to occupational health & safety, develop new initiatives in waste management and organic farming.
MdM is also planning to implement the same strategy, in 2022, towards farmers, in consortium with a complementary French INGO and local NGO, in Kavre, Ramechhap and Sindhupalchok districts.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You are responsible for the overall management of the MdM Nepal mission. You co-design MdM's overall strategy in Nepal and provide leadership of the country program.
You directly manage five employees and your main activities are the following:
- development and delivery of quality programs
- partner, donor and government relations
- fundraising and budget management
- security and operations management
- development of a motivated and professional team
More precisely, your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure that the projects are implemented according to the approved objectives
- Represent MdM towards all project stakeholders and develop a network of actors working on environmental and urban health issues
- Provide support, guidance and expertise regarding public health and environmental health, to MdM team and local partners which are implementing most of the activities of the project
Strategy, diagnosis, project planning and partnerships
- Identify potential new areas of partnership/work, develop projects and manage the process of obtaining approval from the authorities
- Maintain close, transparent and effective collaboration with the existing partners to ensure proper implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project
- Be responsible for exploring, designing and establishing partnerships
- Maintain and reinforce the collaboration with the local authorities
- Develop an advocacy strategy and ensure its implementation
- Ensure the overall HR management of the entire mission and the direct management of five employees
- Ensure consistency with Nepal labour laws in all HR issues
- Ensure that appropriate human resources, legal issues, administrative, financial and logistics procedures are implemented and maintained in accordance with the MdM rules and guidelines
- Ensure the professional development of the staff
Security and disaster management
- Supervise the implementation of appropriate security guidelines and procedures
- Analyse political and humanitarian issues and consider strategies and immediate response
- In case of natural disaster alert: monitor developments, maintain communication trees (mission, region and HQ), attend coordination and clusters meetings and prepare possible responses
Financial management and administration
- Elaborate the annual budgets, monthly fund requests and budgets for proposals
- Oversee budget follow-up ensuring that country programmes are implemented within their budget
- Ensure proper management of MdM and donor funds, compliance with international standards, implement MdM and donor guidelines and procedures
- Supervise the process of renewing different MoU
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and yearly audit recommendations
- Supervise and prepare reports and proposals for different donors
- Maintain regular reporting to HQ
Representation, fundraising and networking
- Represent MdM to local authorities, international donors, international organisations and other NGOs
- Explore funding opportunities and network with donors
- Carry out negotiations with the authorities and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with agreements and contracts
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 12 mois
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Gross monthly salary: 3088 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Housing allowance
- Tuition/Schooling allowance (from 3 years old)
- Living allowance (per diem) for the accompanying member if unemployed and half per diem per child
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Family posting possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Master's degree in international development, management or public health), especially with a focus on environmental health
- Previous experience in managing public health programmes and projects
- Experience in conducting and managing research particularly in the health sector
- Strong experience in working in partnership with local NGOs
- Demonstrable experience in securing funding for projects from institutional donors and in reporting
- Previous experience working in Nepal (or in Asia) is an asset
- Strong skills in advocacy and networking
- Impartiality, diplomacy, adaptability
- Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
- French or Nepali is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JmCixcFV?idpartenaire=128