Repair / Maintenance
Â·ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. It is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a global agriculture research partnership whose science is carried out by the 15 Research Centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid.
ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropic. Its mission is to reduce, poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. The approach is through partnership-based international agricultural research-for-development that embodies Science with a Human Face. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Execute timely & quality delivery of various works of the Unit with all safety guidelines & protocols.
- Undertake work schedules & PPM activities in time, ensure record are maintained, provide regular feedback to unit supervisor
- Provide Technical Assistance during Institute event, Conferences and Workshops.
- Exchange the technical knowledge among the team for enhancing skills and simplify repair activities
- Should demonstrate very good team spirit & client orientation.
- Engage with inter-disciplinary teams in multi-cultural environment.
- Execute and complete the work schedules on time with high quality & efficiency.
- Should display initiative to be available beyond normal working hours / off days, as and when required in the interest of work.
- Need to work independently and also as a team member with other Technicians in repair, maintenance of laboratory instruments, telephones, office equipment, Fire Alarm system, Wireless communication system, CC camera system, Public address system etc.
- Maintain records of schedule, servicing, preventive maintenance and work history carried out on instruments/ equipment's.
- A ITI/Diploma in Electronics
- Understand basic Electronic circuits and should possess very good trouble shooting skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Service/ Manufacture of Electronics & Instrumentation equipment
- Should have basic knowledge in repair of office equipment.
- Should have basic computer skills in MS office .