Senior Media Officer
Senior Media Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and are Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled, and promotes regional connectivity.
The AIIB seeks a Senior Media Officer who is expert and experienced in both mainstream media and social media. Possibly a journalist, public relations consultant or corporate communicator, the ideal appointee to this key position has existing relationships plus a proven track record working with international media, including Chinese media. The successful candidate will play a central role on AIIB's communications team and will be a key performer in helping to shape and share the Bank's story through and across all its communications channels.
- Relationship management and ongoing connectivity with journalists, influencers, civil society and key opinion leaders around the world.
- Design, develop and drive a comprehensive plan of action for news making, story placement and publicity (via earned and owned media).
- Provide leadership communication counsel for executives when dealing with all media situations, including creating interview scenarios with journalists, drafting spokesperson messaging, preparing proof points, briefing material, etc.
- Manage media events, write news releases and draft/edit a wide range of content to educate, inform and persuade the public.
- Work closely with other departments and members of the communications team to integrate proactive and strategic media outreach into all Bank communications. Advance high-profile national and international media coverage of the Bank's policies, strategies and projects.
- Serve as a senior point of contact for all incoming media inquiries to AIIB and work with the communications team and other staff to develop bespoke responses.
- Provide regular analysis of media coverage. Correct inaccuracies and ensure internal awareness of relevant coverage.
- Work with the Bank's external public relations agencies and other communications team members to develop reports analyzing AIIB's media and social coverage.
- Collaborate with colleagues to source and surface stories that demonstrate how AIIB is fulfilling its mandate, then turn those stories into compelling content that resonates with both internal and external audiences.
- Co-create the communications content and news narratives of the Bank.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ career experience working in or with the media, with a media relations background working with journalists or directly as a journalist.
- Strong contacts and relationships with international media, including media in China and other Asian countries.
- Effortless literacy in all forms of digital media, including the top social networks.
- Adaptability, agility and flexibility across a diverse range of issues and situations.
- Able to work independently and proactively take the initiative in sometimes uncertain and challenging circumstances where confident, deft and tactful improvisation is needed.
- Can work under time pressure and deploy rapidly against deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a mastery of simplifying complex information framed into stories that illuminate audiences.
- A positive mental attitude, with an inclusive manner and a solutions orientation.
- Ambition to influence public opinion outcomes through convincing communication intended to achieve commercial outcomes.
- Understands how media communication contributes to the achievement of organizational goals.
- Committed to the highest standards of ethics and excellence in the communications craft.
- First-class writing skills, adept at composing content to share news or tell stories.
- A collaborative character and inclusive disposition.
- Knows how to seize opportunities take the initiative to put plans into action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Chinese would be an advantage.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, political science, economics/finance, international relations, public affairs, marketing or other related fields from a reputable university.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.