iCHIS Implementation Consultant - Balaka District
- Organization: LMH - Last Mile Health
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Closing Date:
This role was posted on August 1, 2022 and is open until August 12, 2022.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Do you have experience working with digital tools in community health and a desire to support programming in Balaka? If so, you may be an excellent Integrated Community Health Information System (iCHIS) Implementation Consultant.
LMH has partnered with the Ministry Of Health (MoH) through the Community Health Services Sections (CHSS) and Digital Health Division (DHD) to implement the community health program in line with the National Community Health Strategy (2017 - 2021) and the Digital Health Strategy (2020-2025).
As part of streamlining, harmonizing, and integrating community health service delivery, the MoH is implementing iCHIS that will be rolled out to all community health workers across the 29 health districts. LMH is working with the MoH to support implementation of iCHIS in three districts of Salima, Machinga and Balaka to ensure a strengthened and robust community health system is in place to offer both routine community health services as well as much needed digitized service delivery at community level.
The Consultant will work in close collaboration with LMH’s Digital Health Specialist to build capacity of district teams on the use of iCHIS, strengthen communication and coordination processes with the district health management team to facilitate effective oversight of iCHIS interventions, as well as supporting effective program delivery.
This contracted role is only open to candidates who live in Balaka.
- Commitment – 6 months at 40 hours per week
- Start date - August 25, 2022
- Location – Balaka District
- Remuneration - $1200.00 USD per month
What You'll Do
- Build capacity of district integrated supportive teams to provide iCHIS supportive supervision to Health Surveillance Assistants (HSAs).
- Build capacity of the district health management information system (HMIS) and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) officers on how to troubleshoot iCHIS.
- Provide support to the district iCHIS help desk, ensuring that all the issues raised are recorded, tracked and resolved.
- Facilitate provision of refresher iCHIS training to iCHIS end users and district supportive supervision teams.
- Support the District Health Officers to coordinate iCHIS district-lead supportive supervision.
- Track, report and escalate any challenges that are raised by iCHIS users to the district health officers/the national iCHIS support team following outlined iCHIS issue reporting procedure.
- Facilitate meetings with district government and external stakeholders to revise and finalize an iCHIS implementation plan.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring / support visits to activity sites.
- Document program success stories and good practices.
- Assist in mapping of CHAs and Community Health Structures for the district.
- Assist in collecting data for stakeholder mapping of districts.
- Conduct data entry for training pre and post tests.
- Actively participate and assist the technical team in drafting and finalizing quarterly work plans and budget.
- Report writing as required.
- Prepare meeting/workshop materials e.g. participants registration forms, attendance sheets.
- Send invitation letters and follow up with invitees to confirm availability and participation to planned rollouts and other activities.
- Assist program team to produce letters, documents, reports, presentations and materials for distribution (Including word documents, computer graphics, layout, photocopying, etc.).
- Organize and coordinate meetings on-site and off-site; verify meeting venues, arrange for water/refreshments.
- Assist in preparing budgets for meetings and training.
- Coordinate transport needs for the district for both LMH and MoH as required to ensure that a comprehensive transportation schedule for district planned activities, is in place.
- Provide quotes for lodging and venues.
- Manage accountability forms during meetings and training; registration sheets, allowance sheets.
- Assist in disbursing cash during training and workshops, as required.
- Assist in reconciliation of expenses by ensuring that valid receipts and documents are in place.
What You’ll Bring
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Public Health, or Environmental Health.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in GSuite, and Microsoft office suite.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize competing workloads.
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information with discretion and confidence.
- Motivation and commitment to Last Mile Health’s mission.
- Demonstrated experience of providing monitoring and evaluation support.
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have a BSc in computer science, Information technology, Public Health or Environmental Health or related fields.
- You have previously worked at the district level in Balaka.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and currently works in Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone with US offices in Boston. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.