Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment
Location: Bamako, Mali
Deadline: Accepting applications on a rolling basis
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers by 2026 lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro's founder and CEO here. We recently received a prestigious Audacious Prize to accelerate myAgro’s reach in the next 5 years. Join a winning team that is changing the lives of hardworking farmers across West Africa.
About Program Associate role
The Program Associate position is a core role within myAgro that helps accelerate myAgro’s ability to scale, reach 100% sustainability and increase its impact. You will gain a breadth of experience in designing and scaling high impact cross functional programs that work across financial inclusion, agricultural development and mobile technology. Reporting to the Program Manager and working closely with teams across the organisation, you will part of a group that is responsible for helping myAgro reach its ambitious goals in West Africa.
- Program Design: Design, iterate and improve myAgro’s model to serve smallholder farmers both by designing a more cost-efficient and higher impact program model.
- Service & Product Development: In close collaboration with the agricultural R&D team, design marketing, tools and processes to test and scale innovative new products to increase farmer adoption & income.
- M&E: Develop and share a program dashboard and perform regular data analysis to improve performance of field districts, your specific product/service trials and new product roll out.
- Leadership Development: Develop professional performance plans, trainings and tools to support the leadership development of new and middle managers to take on increasing responsibilities to support myAgro’s future growth.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- French and English proficiency
- At least 2 years work experience and significant project or team management experience
- At least 1 year of international, developing country experience
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Strong MS Office experience, particularly using Excel
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on data analytics
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humour and an open mind are necessary
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment