Software Analyst and Developer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the position of Sofware Analyst and Developer to work in the Knowledge Management – Information Technologies Unit at CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide support in the design, maintenance, documentation, and monitoring solutions of new technologies for the CIMMYT KMIT unit.
- Provide support and be part of the team to analyse, define, and translate business process technical requirements, provides solution recommendations to Business users and KMIT management
- Participate in the optimization of administrative systems such as but not limited to; Power Platforms, Dynamics 365, among other technologies.
- Create well-written and effective professional documentation such as solution design documents, process maps, test plans and use cases for implementation team members and business user.
- Develop new functionalities, new features and provide support to the InSide CIMMYT intranet in coordination with the Knowledge Management and Information Technology team (KMIT).
- Provide technical support in the configuration of the CIMMYT intranet’s subsites.
- Be an active technical member on the CIMMYT intranet on the workshops with the different programs, units, and offices. Be the right hand of the Intranet System Administrator.
- Be part of the Knowledge Management and Information Technology (KMIT) team with the development of the web system platforms.
- Monitor and report on the status of current and new web systems platforms/servers/tools.
- Upload and update current information on systems such as integration of videos, forms, data, and other types of information resources into collaborative web systems services.
- Ensure the optimal service of servers by maintaining collaborative environment with providers.
- Provide support in the analysis, review, modification, and test new systems and risk assessment finding to ensure that systems vulnerabilities are addressed effectively and immediately, giving reports to supervisor.
- Perform other duties that the supervisor may assign from time to time.
Required Academic Qualification, Skills, and Attitude:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years related work experience. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform, Microsoft SharePoint, and Web Development.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M22172 Software Analyst and Developer.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez ([email protected]).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.