Software Engineering Manager
Remote | Remote - Based
Title: Software Engineering Manager
Report to: Director of Software Development
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Software Engineering Manager is a member of the global Product team. This position is a full-time remote role based in GMT time zone or plus or minus a couple hours to overlap the in-country team working hours as much as possible.
This role will be responsible for driving the on-time delivery of myAgro's products for Field Operations and Programs. This role will focus on new product and feature introduction, managing the related projects, and defining and iterating on the process to provide a high impact platform for our end-users.
- Lead project planning and monitoring of technical development from design through release
- Define and document the project scope, goals, deliverables for software projects
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Facilitate meetings, assemble and coordinate project staff
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Conduct project evaluations and report results
- B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- At least 3 years of real-world experience, preferably as a technical lead
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with multicultural teams
- A calm and patient attitude to listen to the problems, perform research in that direction to come up with solutions
- French proficiency a plus but not required. The tech team primarily works in English
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: