New York City
The External Relations (ER) department has been created in February 2020 and is comprised of 3 main but complementary functional areas: Private fundraising, Communications and Advocacy. The ER department is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious global strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy and brand awareness. The main objective of the department is to enable this organization of more than 12,000 staff to have the resources needed to continue serving 18 million people worldwide in places affected by war and disaster, shape the humanitarian sector by influencing key policies and reforms and build and grow IRC’s reputation.
The Analytics Engineer will work as an integral part of an analytics team-- that includes data scientists and analysts-- to lead in the development of a data models that wills serve as the foundation and “single source of truth” for all data-driven strategy for Private Fundraising, Communications, and Advocacy at the IRC. The Analytics Engineer will play an active role in scaling IRC’s internal data capabilities as the volume and complexity of our data grows and business needs evolve.
- Own the entire workflow of the ER data model: data pipeline development, ELT performance, timely loading of data sets, and maintenance of data models via the use of monitoring, testing, and automation.
- Collaborate with analysts, data scientists, and ER stakeholders to understand the opportunities to develop well-defined, integrated, and re-usable data models.
- Identify and execute internal process improvements, including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and automating manual processes.
- Write production-quality data transformations in SQL using dbt; apply software engineering practices (e.g. code review, testing, version control, comprehensive documentation) when creating new data models to ensure data quality & standardization across our pipelines and BI tools.
- Act as a technical expert to the rest of the ER analytics team to mentor analysts and improve analytics engineer as a practice across all ER analytics (query development, extending data models, software development practices).
- Collaborate with engineering team to implement new ELT pipelines, data infrastructure improvements, and integration of new ER and cross-IRC data sets.
- Partner with the Director, Global Analytics to make recommendations about platform adoption and data stack improvements. Help define analytical product roadmap to drive the strategic goals of the IRC.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Curiosity to explore complex and ambiguous problems and deliver structured analytics solutions
- 4+ years working in the field of data and analytics
- At least 2+ years of professional experience manipulating large scale data, using both Python and SQL (nested data structure manipulation, windowing functions, query optimization, data partitioning techniques)
- Strong experience with data pipeline management technologies (e.g. Airflow, dbt), dependency checking, schema design, and dimensional data modeling
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Azure)
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the “modern data stack”
- Strong adherence to data ops best practices, including version control (e.g., GitHub), and data testing
- Independent worker with strong attention to detail & commitment to a high standard of work product
- Desire to work in a multi-cultural environment and collaborate with people from different backgrounds and experiences
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM technology
- Experience owning dbt in a high-growth org, including deploying capabilities such as utils, packages, tests, snapshots, and incremental tables
- Experience in Azure Synapse
- Exposure to Microsoft BI tooling: PowerBI, Power Query and, DAX/MDX scripting language
· Standard office working environment.
· This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
DEI statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Compensation:Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.