Multimedia and Communications Officer [Cancelled]
Result of Service
Support all multimedia and communications aspects of knowledge-sharing events/sessions, as required by the Section, in a collaborative environment.Work Location
9 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
1. Visual Identity Design – Knowledge & Learning Commons & Conference Primers/Conference Primers Pro
• Develop the new Knowledge and Learning Commons (KLC) visual identity in line with the existing identity of the Library and Archives (see current identity here: https://commons.ungeneva.org/)
• Develop an appropriate 'sub' visual identity for the Conference Primers and Conference Primers Pro products (which are products that are a part of the KLC and the wider UN Library & Archives Geneva). See the Conference Primers here: https://libraryresources.unog.ch/conferenceprimers.
• Work closely with Library & Archives team to ensure visual identity fulfils needs and goals.
• Prepare the graphical items in various formats and propose a graphical charter accordingly.
• Help with processes to evaluate feedback on targeted audience during the development of the new visual identity.
2. Design and Test the Graphical User Interface of the Knowledge & Learning Commons Website, and Test, Refine and Launch a new design for the Conference Primers/Conference Primers Pro.
• Design the Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the new KLC Website based on proposed wireframe and mockup(s).
• Test, refine, and launch the improved design of both the Conference Primers and Conference Primers Pro LibGuides pages and mobile guides.
• Work closely with KLC team to ensure User Interface (UI) is in line with needs and goals.
• Ensure the new KLC Website design and the Conference Primers pages are responsive/mobile-friendly and adapted to accessibility requirements.
• Advise on new Website and Conference Primer user flows and update and/or create mockup and prototype when needed during the design process.
• Design, adapt, and deliver UI elements as needed and cooperate with IT team for GUI implementation.
• Help with processes to evaluate user experience (UX) on targeted audience.
Competency: Professionalism, Communication, Creativity, Teamwork, Client orientation, Technological awareness
Skills: Desirable Skills:
Experience in graphic design, video editing and production (preferably using the Adobe Creative Suite) is desirable.
Experience in producing and posting multimedia content for the web and social media is desirable.
Experience with conceptualising multimedia content based on programme objectives, and executing it as part of a collaborative effort, is desirable.
Experience with developing accessible multimedia products, and knowledge of accessibility needs in multimedia communications, is desirable.
Experience working in online event production and coordination is desirable.
Experience in using online platforms, including the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams Live Event, and Webex Events is desirable.
Experience with gathering data, updating Customer Registration Management (CRM) systems and other systems for managing attendees (such as UN INDICO) is desirable.
Academic Qualifications: A first-level university degree in communication, media and communication, video production, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field.
Experience: Experience in in multimedia communications, including web and digital communications, social media production, photo and video production, public information, journalism, international relations, public administration or related area.
Language: Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: