National Project Personnel - Finance and Admin Assistant
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO Gambia and partners are implementing the Climate Fishery Initiative for Livelihood Improvement in the Gambia (PROREFISH Gambia) project. The Project aims to address increased resilience and enhanced livelihoods, health, well being, food and water security of the most vulnerable people, communities and regions. Expected results include resilience of ecosystems, ecosystem services, infrastructure and the built environment to climate change threats as well as reduced emissions from land use, reforestation, reduced deforestation through sustainable forest management and conservation of forest stocks.The project will scale up adaptation measures that have been proven in a number of countries in West Africa, and in similar contexts, with a particular focus on climate-proofing fisheries infrastructure and on value chain segments dominated by women (fish handling and processing). The project will promote the adoption of aquaculture technologies and support the strengthening of the enabling environment for Gambian fisheries and promote a stronger engagement of the private sector.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in The Gambia, the AFAOR-Administration, the National Project Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO), the Finance and Administrative specialist will be responsible for project financial management, including accounting and personnel administration as well as effective and efficient provision of administrative support to the entire project implementation process.
Administration and Finance
Tasks and responsibilities
• Provide support in administration, finance and budgetary control processes.
• Maintain all financial records and monitoring systems of the project.
• Assist with monitoring of project accounts.
• Ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent, reporting all variations from budgets.
• Fully participate in organizing and/or retrieving, entering and analysing project financial data.
• Prepare financial and administrative correspondence for the project, including the processing of payments in accordance established FAO rules and guidelines.
• Maintain an adequate document archiving system.
• Assist with the preparation of recurring reports on project and office accounts.
• Provide support in the preparation of reports for budget planning, audits and other related requests.
• Ensure that all procurement and custom clearances for projects and the office are properly requested and obtained.
• Manage fixed assets of the project; review and support the preparation of inventories.
• Manage the project vehicle pool, ensuring vehicles are well maintained, and logbooks appropriately filled.
• Manage all fixed assets and supporting annual inventories of assets.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Financial Management or related area.
• 5 years of relevant work experience, including administrative functions.
• Working knowledge of English Language.
• National of Gambia.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Proficiency in accounting skills and budget management.
• Advanced skills in utilizing Spreadsheets; Excel.
• Experience in procurement procedures.
• Experience in office management.
• Knowledge of local tax regulations and labour laws.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
• Excellent oral communication and writing skills.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.