Administration Assistant Ukraine Kiev
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents for all administrational and HR documents according to procedures
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Contribute to identification of protection risks and needs in the context of program implementation
- Assist preparing the office/boardroom for meetings, conferences and other events. Handle catering and other related services
- Assist with the registration of NRC projects with the Ministry of Economy (if needed)
- Any other duties that will be assigned by CD/HR Manager.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Assist in drafting letters, cover letter for official correspondence. Reply to general information requests with the accurate information. Sending receiving, distributing and filing incoming and outgoing letters, mail and other documents for Kyiv office
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments when and if needed. Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the NRC in a professional and friendly manner
- Assist with administrative tasks and provide research and administrative support to individuals, where necessary
- Translation of official documents both written and real-time verbal (if needed)
- Deal with official employment institutions (if needed)
- Assist with organizing of events (if needed)
- Assist (ad-hoc) in initiation of procurement procedures using Agresso Procurement system
- Ensure smooth operations of office cash flow by controlling daily office expenses, preparing weekly and monthly cash count reports, cash requests and accountability reports on constant bases.
- Assist with reference check for selected candidates
- Keep contact list and employee list updated
- Ensure timesheets are in place
- Assist with international staff: visa issuance, residence permits and prolongations, arrival brief and vacation schedule shall be kept updated
- Ensure training system is running smoothly: tables of “employee skills matrix” and “training received” are updated; trimester (and monthly) plans are made and approved; trainings are held (with suppliers, PR, POs etc.).
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Logistics, Finance
- Management (CD/Area Manager)
Scale and scope of position
INGOs, local NGOs, governmental authorities
Office 365, OKTA
Legal or compliance:
Terms of employment, Code of conduct, vendors, suppliers
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Higher level of education (university degree) is desirable
- Min 3 years of experience from working as an Office manager/administrator in international organization
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of primary accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (required) and Russian/Ukrainian
- Good command of Microsoft Office
- Operate standard office equipment
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts would be an advantage
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Responsible, punctual, attentive to details, prompt, well-mannered, decent and willing to work, organisational skills and discretion with confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Able to work independently and proactively
2. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
Type of contract: till 30.06.2023, contingent upon availability
Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
Duty station: Kyiv
This position is for Ukrainian nationals only.
Closing date for this vacancy is 04/10/2022
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.