The International Rescue Committee (IRC), one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression, and violent hostility in 42 countries. Since 1992, the IRC has provided life-saving services to refugees and vulnerable local communities in Kenya. The IRC implements programs in the areas of coordinated primary health care (including nutrition and HIV/AIDS); economic recovery and livelihoods; protection of rights; and women’s protection and empowerment of refugees in the camps as well as host communities.
The Livelihoods Assistant will assist the Senior Program Officer in achieving the project's goals. They will collaborate with other program staffs to implement IRC livelihood interventions that include cash transfers. The position holder is responsible for all aspects of program delivery via cash-based programming, which can be conditional or unconditional cash transfer or in kind depending on the context.
- Aid project leadership and carry through the implementation of the detailed Cash Based program standard operating procedures for both conditional and unconditional grants.
- Strengthen the financial transfer delivery systems built for IRC drought response, ensuring that SOPs in place and followed.
- Support the shape up of a Cash Transfer System and approaches on a continuous basis drawing on experience and lessons learnt from previous IRC projects.
- Use technical knowledge and skills to implement the delivery of cash-based programs in the community. Identify and recommend solutions to cash-based technical issues as soon as possible. Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and work with the Supply Chain and Finance team to complete field procurement as advised and authorized.
- Support in identifying and ensure the involvement of the beneficiary communities in community mobilization activities through interactive and participatory techniques with beneficiaries, local government partners, vendors, non-clients, and other key players.
- Ensure that beneficiary feedback and response mechanism (BFRM) activities are carried out, as well as serving as the field focal point for the BFRM data base. Maintain respectful and constructive relationships with clients and partners.
- Provide support for partners in the use of systems and tools for collecting and monitoring data, providing input for the invention of concept notes/proposals for cash transfer projects.
- Closely run progress against objectives, highlighting risks and roadblocks as soon as they arise and taking ownership for high-quality, timely delivery.
- Be responsible for usage of emergency preparedness and response funding. Ensure achievement of results, funding is spent, and donor reporting is generated and submitted accurately and on schedule.
- Assist the supervisors in ensuring that all monitoring activities, including detailed and timely data collection, are fully documented as the need arises for IRC M&E purposes.
- Train community facilitators & enumerators under their supervision, and others (if any) on cash transfer programming (CTP) to optimally support the scale and scope of the program.
- As needed and in coordination with other project sector leads and country program management, represents IRC in County Steering group, Cash working group, Livelihood Sector, and other Cluster forums and discussions.
- Stay in sync with all IRC safety and security procedures and contribute to security monitoring to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.