Supply Chain Officer - Business Engagement Consultant
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
Humanitarian Logistics Services (HLS) is a core pillar of WFP Supply Chain focused exclusively on supporting and enabling humanitarian and development actors working in less resilient contexts. We leverage WFP’s expertise, footprint and vision to provide efficient, transparent and tailored end-to-end supply chain services to partners, thereby contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Technology is an essential enabler for high performing supply chains. We look at technology to automate large parts of our daily service provision work, facilitate collaboration, access real time information on operations, and to provide us with business intelligence, analytics and evidence for decision-making. In the fast moving and complex humanitarian context and with ever accelerating technological advances and opportunities, it is essential for WFP HLS to take a strategic and integrated approach to the management of the service provision business model supported by technology and systems solutions.
Under the general supervision of the Head of the Service Integration and Digitalization Unit, the incumbent will support business owners to define and detail the business requirements required for the implementation of IT solutions for upstream supply chain service provision (mainly). The incumbent will be working in close collaboration with SC Business Owners, corporate IT division (TEC) and technology partners, and must be able to think analytically and strategically.
The Supply Chain Officer (“SCO”) Business Engagement Consultant will support the Humanitarian Logistics Services (“HLS”) through the below requirements:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gain deep understanding of business processes and Standard Operating Procedures used in WFP’s Upstream Supply Chain. Document the process and information flows that are relevant for integration and digitalization.
- Define and consolidate the business requirements for an integrated IT system to manage WFP’s upstream Supply Chain Services (Covering multiple functional areas such as Procurement, Warehousing and Transport). Prioritize business requirements based on cost-benefit estimates and project timelines.
- Document and communicate business requirements to technical teams to ensure proper implementation. Advocate for the needs of end-users with IT Division and ensure technical teams have a solid understanding of these needs.
- Manage the roll-out of developed solutions to WFP’s Global Service Providers (i.e. UNHRD, Shipping, Aviation and Bilateral Service Provision)
- Train and onboard new users, communicate feedback to technical teams and manage the iteration cycles. Develop user-guides to support on-boarding process.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and integrate business processes across different business-units. Propose concrete actions to achieve this objective.
- Develop and manage a repository of training materials and documentation to ensure knowledge retention, and support the on-boarding of new resources.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the field of Data Science, Operations Research, Management Science, Business Analytics, or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in defining and implementing supply chain IT systems , business relationship management, project management, business and technical analysis in IT or Supply Chain field
- An experience with demonstrated deep insight into WFP field operations and TEC and/or Logistics matters would be an asset.
- Experience in defining and implementing supply chain IT systems.
- Prior experience with consultancy-type activities (e.g. business analysis, process mapping, data extraction and analysis, presenting to senior management, etc.) is preferred
- You are Fluent in oral and written English and possess conversational level of French.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to detail business requirements for the implementation of IT solutions
- Strong coordination, planning and writing skills
- Proven ability to organize and meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming language is required, with a strong preference for Python.
- Strong analytical abilities (quantitative and qualitative), with the ability to think outside the box.
- Balance complexity and idealism with pragmatism.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to perform in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan and anticipate requirements, problems, and obstacles.
- Preserve focus and commitment to generate content on short notice, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Committed and motivated to achieve the objectives of WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP:
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application deadline: 20 October 2022 (Midnight Rome time)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: