Bidibidi - Yumbe District
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
Overall Job summary
Under the guidance of the Pharmacy Technician, the Dispenser will be responsible to dispensing drugs and ensuring timely reordering to avoid stock outs. The dispenser will ensure good storage practices of pharmaceutical supplies at the facility.
- Dispense drugs to clients as per the prescription.
- Conduct counselling of clients.
- Ensure proper daily recording of drugs in dispensing logbook and daily tally sheet.
- Monitor drug stock, order them and inform the supervisor.
- Participate in monthly stock takings of drugs and medical supplies.
- Participate in CME and any other trainings organized by IRC.
- Provide health education to clients on medicine uses and storage at home.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in active redistribution of short-dated commodities as a way to combat expiry
- Ensure general cleanliness and organization of the facility store and dispensary and guide heads of departments of other user units on such as per the SOPS
- Ensure timely submission of all required reports as per the timeline
Key working relationships:
Direct supervisor: Pharmacy Technician
Other: Facility In-charge.
Standards For Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline for receiving applications is October 27th,2022