Audio-visual technician (several roster positions)
- Organization: ICAO - International Civil Aviation Organization
- Location: Montreal
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Technology, Electronics and Mechanics
- Conference Services
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Closing Date: 2023-12-31
Result of Service
In response to the increasing technical requirements for virtual meetings scheduled outside working hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, CSG/ VEM is in need to build a second team of technicians to serve hybrid meetings outside working hours.Work Location
These positions are to be filled for an initial period of six (6) months with a possibility of an extension up to 11 months. The incumbents will be expected to work on a flexible schedule, depending on conference operation requirements, including evenings and weekends.Duties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) plays a lead role in the effective and efficient administrative management of the Organization by ensuring the provision of high-quality physical and human resources, by applying the highest standards of work ethics and conduct, and by using results based management skills and tools to support the Organization in implementing its Strategic Objectives, in order to serve all stakeholders of the world aviation community.
The Conference, Security and General Services Section (CSG) of ADB is mainly responsible for event management and services, general services, building administration and security management of the premises.
The Venue and Event Management (VEM) Unit of ICAO is committed to client satisfaction, fulfillment of compliance obligations, protection of the environment and provision of safe and healthy working conditions, while providing sustainable venue and event management services. We are committed to fulfill legal and standardization requirements to protect the environment, eliminate occupational health and safety hazards and risks for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health. By consulting with and encouraging the participation of our staff, the continuous improvement of the Quality, Environment, Occupational Health and Safety (QEHS) Management System is ensured. VEM conforms to the requirements of International Standards ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, ISO 20109:2016 and ISO 2609:2016.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acts as Conference audio-visual technician for all formats, achieving results such as:
• Operate, test, support virtual meetings (Zoom, RSI platforms, etc.)
o Run operational Tests.
o Properly Setup meeting in system.
o System Hardware/Software Daily checks.
o Troubleshoot system and make any repairs.
o Evaluate new systems and prepare feedback to management on how operational system is.
o Monitor, operate and oversee online virtual meetings (host or co-host role, etc. …), including the ANC, Council.
o Provide level 2 and 3 support for virtual meeting platforms.
• Operate both computerized microphone systems (BOSCH Digital Congress Network and BRAHLER CDS200) and A/V equipment for ICAO meetings (Council, Air Navigation Commission, expert panels, committees, etc.), to ensure a high quality audio feed from and to the meeting participants, and interpreters, as well as to the recording technician and to the monitor exchange system (MX).
• Set up the conference rooms prior to meetings (nameplates, stationary, audio, hardware, software, etc.); modify and troubleshoot the conference room computer system program to aid the President or Chairperson in carrying out an efficient and orderly meeting (country and/or members’ names setup according to the seating plan), and setup the A/V equipment.
• Assist in the preparation of seating arrangement.
• Assist in conducting maintenance and daily set-ups of portable A/V equipment, i.e. LCD sources, public address systems, media sound distribution centres, etc.
• Operate sound and microphone systems in conference rooms.
• Program CRMS (Conference Recording and Monitoring System) for audio and video recordings on an emergency backup basis
• Retrieve recordings for clients, transcription, Delegations, etc.
• Host, operate and oversee virtual meetings, coordinate recordings, meeting reports etc.
• Operate HUB interpretation systems developed by CTS to provide full interpretation services during virtual and hybrid meetings
Acts as Venue Logistics assistant, achieving results such as:
• Assist in meetings’ preparation by setting up and configuring conference hardware and operate equipment during conferences.
• Setup meeting rooms as per specific clients’ needs.
• Complete and maintain a log and checklist of supplies and equipment for meeting rooms.
• Venue Stage operator: Maintain and operate the stage lighting system in the Assembly Hall.
• Exhibition setup clerk Setup exhibition equipment and furniture, including booths, power and audio/visual.
• Any other logistic task for ICAO events.
Acts as Videoconference operator, achieving results such as:
• Setup, operates and troubleshoots the video-conference system (ISDN Polycom system, VOIP solutions, and web based tools).
• Liaise with technical staff from remote locations in order to perform compatibility tests pertaining to the video-conference system.
Acts as focal point for AMX Digital Signage system
• New task taken over for the non-renewal of the Venue and Event Logistics Assistant SSA.
• Perform set up and maintenance of the AMX Digital signage system.
• Program daily signage display.
• Liaise with Communication and ICT regarding signage issues.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Technical school enrolment or diploma including courses on audio and video technology operations, IT systems on Video Data projector, equipment installation, operation, repair and maintenance. Certificates in audio and video training or equivalent on the job training.
• Experience in operating audio-visual systems for conventions, conferences and events.
• Work experience with A/V equipment, computers and specialized software (microphone management; video editing; sound editing); video technology (standards, format, region codes, etc.).
• Ability to work with media and recording patch panels and high voltage electrical equipment.
• Collaboration and team work skills.
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of ISO standards would be an asset.
The work requires functional reading, writing and speaking abilities in English and French.
Knowledge of any of the following languages of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish).
• Client orientation: The willingness and ability to see things from the clients’ perspective anticipate client needs and concerns; find appropriate solutions for clients and keep clients informed.
• Planning and organizing: The ability to set clear goals, to prioritize, to anticipate problems or risks and use time efficiently.
• Technological awareness: The willingness and ability to keep abreast of available technology, understand the applications and limitations of technology and actively seek to apply and learn about new technology.
• Teamwork: The ability to work cooperatively or collaboratively with colleagues in work groups and as part of teams to achieve agreed goals. Initiative, discretion and the ability to maintain harmonious working relationships.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The incumbents will be expected to work on a flexible schedule, depending on conference operation requirements, including evenings and weekends.
Please note that the daily rate (7 hours) for this position starts at $186 (Band A).
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.