Business Development Intern
The Business Development Intern will assist with monitoring business development opportunities, develop bid documents and proposals, research target markets, support grant management, and provide administrative support to the business development unit. The preferred location of the internship is based in Beirut, Lebanon, but exceptional candidates may work remotely either part-time or full time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scanning and tracking upcoming business development opportunities.
- Research and write assigned proposal sections including those on methodology, country and projects background information, humanitarian/development conditions, sectoral best practices, and other information required for proposal compilation.
- Provide proposal support as assigned, including maintenance of files and proposal documents consolidation and submission.
- Research target markets and tender agency requirements to widen scope of possibilities.
- Organise client and consultant rosters in a manner appropriate to the sourcing of highest value for money consultants.
- Conduct basic quantitative data manipulation and presentation.
- Assist with recruitment process and editing of consultant profiles.
- Assist Business Development Manager and Triangle Directors with day-to-day business development tasks.
- Assist with organizing Triangle events and roundtable discussions.
- Contribute to outreach and Triangle’s online presence.
- Triangle will compensate interns as well as cover transportation costs (in Lebanon). Internships carry the possibility of compensation for exceptional work performed and promotion to a full-time position after a period of three to six calendar months depending on the level of the candidate’s experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or final stages of graduate studies in economics, public policy, international affairs, political science, or related field. (Required)
- Native-level ability to communicate effectively in English. (Required) Proficiency in Arabic is highly desirable while French or Spanish are assets.
- Excellent writing and research skills in English. (Required)
- Demonstrated understanding of structure of funding of humanitarian and development actors. (Required)
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in policy, research, and media. (Required)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with programme and technical teams. (Required)
- Excellent analytical, writing, and organizational skills. (Required)
- Experience working humanitarian or development sector preferred. (Highly Desirable)
- Experience working in sales, finance, and/or business development. (Highly Desirable)
- Experience employing data manipulation software and previous experience analysing quantitative data. (Highly Desirable)
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant donor funding and development mechanisms is an asset. (Preferred)
- Knowledge and experience conducting quantitative analysis is highly desirable. (Preferred)
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.