Senior Assessment Officer - Migration
We are currently looking for a Senior Assessment Officer to support our migration team inWarsaw, Poland.
Position: Senior Migration Assessment Officer
Contract duration:6 months
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Starting Date: November 2022
Following the escalation of hostilities in Ukraine, the REACH Initiative has been supporting the setup and scale-up of the assessment and analysis systems required to inform joint planning and monitoring by government and humanitarian actors in such a complex and rapidly evolving situation.
As part of REACH’s wider activities in the region neighbouring Ukraine, the migration team at IMPACT is currently implementing a large-scale innovative longitudinal study on the impacts of the conflict in Ukraine and displacement on people fleeing the country and moving into the EU and further afield. Based on continuous data collection with people first interviewed at border crossing points and then called back on a monthly basis to understanding where people go, changing needs, integration challenges and intentions to return, the study aims to inform both programmatic and strategic response to the needs of displaced people within the EU, with a focus on migration decision-making and integration.
To support the team, IMPACT is looking to hire a Senior Migration Assessment Officer to supervise the implementation of the data collection on the ground, and lead analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data emerging from the study. We are looking for someone with a good understanding of migration dynamics, experience in analyzing, interpreting and presenting quantitative data, as well as good team management skills. Interest and a passion to support those affected by conflict are integral requirements to the role.
The Senior Migration Assessment Officer is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation and follow up of the longitudinal quantitative research cycle on people who fled Ukraine, in close coordination with other team members and with relevant external partners. In doing so, the Senior Migration Assessment Officer will ensure an effective management of related projects and resources, including (when relevant) line-management national and international assessment staff.
More specifically the Senior Migration Assessment Officer is responsible for the following:
- Team management and capacity building: the SAO will be in charge of managing our team of enumerators who conduct monthly phone calls, ensure that targets are met and support a positive, collaborative work environment marked by quality and professionalism
- Research planning: develop new interview tools on a monthly basis based on changing information priorities by our humanitarian partners (incl. on child protection, cash, needs, integration).
- Research management: track incoming data and compare against minimum quality requirements; ensure and made necessary (minor) modifications to existing tools, to ensure we collect the best data possible.
- Data analysis: A dedicated data officer will be at the disposal of the SAO to conduct analysis of data upon request. The SAO will still be required to feel comfortable dealing with large quantitative datasets, to give the Data officer the right directions on what to focus on and how.
- Drafting of research products: draft research country-level research products to inform the humanitarian response.
- External representation: at country level, represent IMPACT’s migration work stream in the region, attend relevant external meetings with partners and donors and the wider humanitarian coordination platforms where relevant.
- Project cycle management: lead the follow up on country level logistics and HR follow-ups, including budget and resource management and reporting.
- Academic Excellent academic qualifications, preferably including a Master degree in migration studies, multidisciplinary social sciences, research methods, or closely related discipline;
- Research skills Masters and proven experience with complex research methods. Excellent analytical skills, in particular with regards to quantitative data collection, management and analysis.
- Software skills Proven knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Advanced skills in R, SPSS and/or STATA or other statistical analysis software are an advantage; Experience with InDesign an asset.
- Familiarity aid system Familiarity with the aid system is required;
- Years of work experience At least 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in migration & displacement Experience working in migration and displacement a pre-requisite.
- Management skills Proven team management experience and skills; ability to build assessment capacity of team through training and mentoring
- Communication/reporting skills Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
- Multi-tasking skills Ability to multitask with tight deadlines, on numerous research cycles;
- Level of independence Proven ability to work independently;
- Cross-cultural work environment Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Experience in geographical region Past experience in the [relevant] region is desirable;
- Language skills Fluency in English required, competency in Polish, Ukrainian and/or Russian an asset;
- Security environment Ability to operate in a complex and challenging security environment
- Work in an experienced, international organization
- A chance to begin a career in the humanitarian sector
- A chance to be part of the emergency response in the Ukrainian crisis
Please apply directly on our website using this link: Senior Assessment Officer – Migration | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: