Victim Assistance Facilitator
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
The overall purpose of the role The HDP (Victim Assistance) Facilitator is part of the HDP Sector in Ukraine and works under the management, guidance and supervision of HDP Programme Manager. The HDP (Victim Assistance) Facilitator supports the HDP Programme Manager in timely and quality implementation of Victim Assistance activities.
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC HDP.
- Maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC HDP’s sector activities
Sector responsibilities: Advocacy for the rights of mine victims and other people with disabilities, provision of targeted individual assistance on key elements of Victim Assistance, provision of inclusion trainings, and supporting inclusive governance and infrastructure.
Programming & Operations:
- Support efficient and effective program implementation while following work plans.
- Support preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Support DRC MEAL in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises.
Implementation of Victim Assistance activities:
- Follow work plans with assigned work responsibilities for the team members.
- Support efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Implement Victim Assistance activities.
- Ensure timely support to the conflict-affected populations.
- Support the team in the organization and delivery of training for conflict-affected populations and training on inclusion for children and adults.
- Support the process of developing tools, guidelines and SOPs relevant for Victim Assistance work.
- Contribute to the development of information leaflets, brochures for awareness-raising activities.
Internal/External Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues.
- Support integration with other DRC sectors.
- Maintain coordination with local authorities, local, and international NGOs when required.
Reporting & Accountability:
- Collect and maintain project data ensuring the highest standards of data protection and confidentiality. Submit data to DRC HDP Information Management team using assigned forms and processes.
- Support preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Comply with all relevant DRC policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection, the code of conduct, and security.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
Key Deliverables: (in bullet points)
- Support to HDP VA Specialist and team lead in the implementation of all Victim Assistance programme activities.
- Coordinate the implementation of Victim Assistance activities.
- Regular planning and reporting on programme activities.
- Contribution to development and implementation of Victim Assistance programme.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Maintain coordination with local authorities, local and international NGOs when/if required;
- Represent projects in relevant coordination meetings when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related social science discipline;
- Good writing and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Good knowledge of conflict management;
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and resilience;
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience: (include years of experience)
- At least 1 year of working experience in Victim Assistance and/or Protection programmes or social work, supporting communities as part of local or international organisations;
- Solid experience in working with local NGOs.
- Strong facilitation skills and experience designing and delivering training to various audiences, preferably focusing on Community Based Protection activities.
- Experience in organising Focus Group Discussions (FGD).
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian and good command of English – both oral and written.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-term Labor Contract
- Medical and Life Insurance
Contract length: 12 months, after 3 months of probation period with possibility to extend based on available funding.
Start date: ASAP
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: December 01, 2022
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Please note that due to the urgency of the recruitment, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.