Technical Advisor in U.S. Judicial Administration and Education
ABA ROLI LAC is seeking a subject matter expert to serve as a Technical Advisor in U.S. Judicial Administration and Education in Colombia. The Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing day-to-day programmatic, technical advice, counsel, and support for a program focused on rural justice and specifically to strengthen the work of the judiciary in the regions of Antioquia, Nariño, Norte de Santander, Guajira, Arauca, and Chocó in Colombia. The program seeks to strengthen judicial knowledge, skills, and practice, including exchanges with U.S. judicial institutions. The Technical Advisor will also support coordination between the Colombia field office ABA ROLI staff in Washington, DC, as well as special projects related to enhancing judicial administration and education in Colombia.
The candidate should have a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or recognized foreign law school, or possession of a Master’s degree in public administration focused on higher education in the justice sector and/or institutional strengthening of the judiciary. The candidate should have practical experience of judicial administration and training. This position will be based in Bogota, Colombia.
• Responsible for providing programmatic, technical advice, counsel, and support to the international field offices and the DC staff in judicial administration and education
• Serves as a subject matter expert and advisor/resource for DC and field staff, particularly for judicial administration and education.
• Develops and assists in the coordination and management of US and field-based special events and regional workshops.
• Provides subject matter expertise as a speaker/presenter at international conferences/symposia, authors academic articles, and participates in the international efforts for judicial reform.
• Coordinates the implementation and management of relevant assessment tools and methodologies.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Possession of a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or recognized foreign law school, or possession of a Master’s degree in U.S. public administration focused on higher education in the justice sector and/or institutional strengthening of the judiciary.
• At least seven years’ experience in U.S. judicial administration and/or education.
• At least three years’ experience working/supporting initiatives of institutional strengthening in rural settings.
• Established understanding of international standards and best practices in judicial education and judicial ethics, and particularly U.S. judicial educational standards and best practices.
• Professional fluency in Spanish.
• Availability to relocate to Bogotá, Colombia for full-time work for at least 18 months.
• Practical experience with improving and strengthening judicial schools.
• Proven track record in adult education, advanced academic degree (M.A. or Ph.D.) in adult education or a related discipline a plus.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11, 2022. Please include in the subject line the name of the position and the project (Technical Advisor in Judicial Administration and Education) you are applying for.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: