Crisis and Strategic Communications Intern
SOS Children's Villages, founded in 1949 by Hermann Gmeiner, is the world's largest non-governmental organization focused on supporting children and young people without parental care, or at risk of losing it.
Child neglect, abuse and abandonment is everywhere. Families are at risk of separation. Locally led, we work in more than 130 countries and territories to strengthen families who are under pressure so they can stay together. When this is not in a child or young person's best interests, we provide quality care according to their unique needs.
Together with partners, donors, communities, children, young people and families, we enable children to grow up with the bonds they need to develop and become their strongest selves. We speak up for each child's rights and advocate for change so all children can grow up in a supportive environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Monitor issues and crises, including potential crises.
- Prepare written materials for crisis communication, including crisis communication alerts, FAQ sheets, statements, communication toolkits
- Maintain the crisis communication database and crisis communication workspace
- Contribute to the development of crisis communication training materials
- Support the crisis communications team with other duties as assigned (organising regional meetings and expert networks, preparing presentations and reports)
- Contribute to capacity building efforts such as development of crisis communication training materials and user guides.
- Support in the development and implementation of the crisis communication strategy.
- Degree in communications, public relations or a related discipline
- You are motivated & responsible, a natural self-starter
- You have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, in addition to general office administrative skills, and can work quickly and efficiently.
- You are proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- You have a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- You have attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work
- You have some bonus tools in your back pocket, such as knowledge of media & politics, brand and reputation management. These are not required, but certainly a plus.
- Strong English skills (written and verbal).
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- International working environment with a social and thriving team culture
- Insight into the functioning of an international working NGO
- SOS Children´s Villages International believes that interns undertake a valuable role in our organisation. We offer a fixed gross salary of €1.150 per month on a full-time basis.
- Learn how crisis and strategic communication decisions and actions are made within a global non-profit environment
- Have the support and network of strong, global communication team
If you are interested in this position, please submit your detailed application in English by 7th November 2022 at https://careers-sos-kd.icims.com