Intranet Editorial Strategist/Coordinator
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title: Intranet Editorial Strategist/Coordinator
Type of Contract: Consultant Level I
Division: Communications, Marketing & Advocacy Division, CAM
Duty Station (City, Country): Rome HQ, Italy
Duration: 11 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change. WFP has 22,000 dedicated employees globally, with the majority working in field. Internal Communications and Engagement unit (ICE) of the Communications, Advocacy & Marketing Division (CAM) plays a key role in empowering employees to deliver on and support the organization’s mission to achieve Zero Hunger.
We are currently seeking a consultant, who, under the supervision of the Head of Internal Communications and Engagement unit, will manage the corporate intranet (WFPGo)’s editorial output, including coordinating with various divisions/offices for content, producing relevant, high-quality content for internal publications, and overseeing output and alignment with organizational priorities. The consultant will also be responsible for editing internal communications materials.
- Plan, coordinate and manage WFPGo content to ensure the publication of timely, relevant and engaging editorial content for WFP employees;
- Edit articles submitted by various HQ Divisions, Regional Bureaux, Country Offices;
- Proactively source stories from field to mainstream their voices;
- The drafting and editing work may require some additional research/interview, depending on the level of the draft provided, with an aim of ensuring consistency with house style and tone of voice across all content with a view to strengthening overall clarity and quality of writing.
- Prepare WFPGo editorial calendar to ensure alignment with current priorities;
- Provide editorial guidance and support to Regional Bureaus, Country Offices and WFP Divisions for the creation of editorial content;
- Conduct an audit of the WFPGo content providing a guide on the information to be retained, repurposed, rewritten, and new content to be produced.
- Analyze WFPGo performance metrics;
- Issue regular newsletters to all employees;
- Draft/edit internal communications materials such as all-employee emails.
- Support/coordinate with TEC/INK divisions to redesign/improve WFPGo platform.
- Other related duties as required
- WFPGo content strategy developed
- WFPGo content plan developed/updated
- Stories from field, ED voice, and Workplace Culture featured/mainstreamed on WFPGo
- A newsletter published
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Communications, International Relations, Journalism, Public Relations or other related fields.
Experience: At least five years of post-graduate relevant professional experience with writing, editing, blogging for media and/or social media.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience working as a journalist or other creative professional, writing, editing and producing engaging communication products;
- Excellent written and editing skills, the ability to communicate clearly and develop messages for all employees in organization tone and voice;
- Strong attention to detail and unstinting focus on quality and excellence;
- Experience working with leading humanitarian and development agencies – either UN or international NGOs;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with people in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to work in a team and to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English (level C) is required. An intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is a plus.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 02nd December 2022
Ref.: VA No. 178461
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: