National Research Consultants (Roster)
Democratic Republic of Congo | Rwanda | Uganda | Dar es Salaam
Bodhi Global Analysis is a UK based international development research consultancy firm, with a subsidiary in Nairobi. At Bodhi we are committed to producing high-quality research, through academic rigor and objective analysis. We enable international development stakeholders to develop responsive interventions and effective outcomes through evidence-based strategy recommendations.
About the role
We are looking for proactive, organised individuals, committed to producing sound, objective research and analysis, to join our roster to undertake field research for projects on a range of humanitarian and development issues.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Identifying research respondents
- Training and managing enumerators in the field
- Overseeing and organising the data collection process, including implementing surveys, facilitating Focus Group Discussions, and undertaking Key Informant Interviews
- Compiling and translating data
- Liaising with senior researchers and clients
Qualification and experience:
- Masters in Development Studies, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, or a related discipline
- Expertise in one or more of the following; gender, youth, displacement and migration, food security, climate change, livelihoods, education, WASH, health, and M&E
- At least 5 years’ experience working in research for an academic institution, development consultancy firm, international organisation or NGO
- Experience carrying out research in fragile and conflict affected environments desirable
- Fluency in English and local languages
- Research skills: Advanced analytical and conceptual ability, ability to distil information for relevance and context, excellent report writing skills and ability to write in a lucid accessible style
- Attention to detail: A commitment to high quality deliverables and reports, meticulous in approach to research and report writing.
- Initiative and flexibility: Must be able to work independently, show initiative towards completing goals and objectives, but also have the flexibility to adapt and answer to different demands necessary to fulfil assigned tasks
- Teamwork: Openness to ideas and input from others on the team, ability to work collaboratively, have strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Organisation: Must have a systematic approach to work, with the ability to multitask and manage time efficiently, meeting deadlines under pressure
- Integrity: Must have a strong sense of research and professional ethics, be conscientious in approach to work and be committed to Bodhi’s research standards
- Communication: Ability to communicate (verbal and written) confidently in English and to adapt to different audiences and cultural contexts
*Candidates must have the right to work in the country for which they are applying.
How to apply:
- Covering letter
- Writing sample(s) - preferably an evaluation that the candidate substantively contributed to
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to remote interview, and asked to conduct some written tests prior to a hiring decision being made. Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Bodhi is committed to diversity in its workforce. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religious beliefs, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic background or disability.