Operations Assistant (Intern)
- Organization: LMH - Last Mile Health
- Grade: Junior level - Entry Level
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date:
This role was posted on November 21, 2022 and is open until November 30, 2022.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are in this together. Do you have a desire to support operations, administrative and procurement processes, and functions in Lilongwe? If so, you may be an excellent Operations Assistant (Intern).
LMH has partnered with the Ministry Of Health (MoH) through the Community Health Services Sections (CHSS) and Digital Health Division (DHD) to implement the community health program in line with the National Community Health Strategy (2017 - 2021) and the Digital Health Strategy (2020-2025).
As part of streamlining, harmonizing, and integrating community health service delivery, the MoH is implementing iCHIS that will be rolled out to all community health workers across the 29 health districts. LMH is working with the MoH to support implementation of iCHIS in three districts of Salima, Machinga and Balaka to ensure a strengthened and robust community health system is in place to offer both routine community health services as well as much needed digitized service delivery at community level.
This contracted role is only open to candidates who live in Lilongwe.
- Contract Type: Internship
- Location – Lilongwe, Last Mile Health Malawi Country Office
- Reports to- Operations Manager
What You'll Do
- Under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager, the Operations Assistant will support LMH operations, administrative and procurement processes, and functions.
- Work on physical filing of all necessary financial, registration and program documents as per the laws of Malawi.
- Receive all equipment & supplies delivered to Last Mile Health and document accordingly
- Support the Operations Manager in preparing purchase and payment vouchers.
- Assist in making travel arrangements for staff including booking venues for meetings & workshops
- Supervise the janitor and gardener to ensure that their work is in good order.
- Assist in tracking office supplies and ensure that timely requisitions are made for replenishment of fuel cards, electricity, stationery etc.
- Ensure that all equipment issued for temporary use, are returned back to Last Mile Health stores
- Submit monthly reports to the Operations Manager
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned from time to time
What You’ll Bring
- Advanced Certificate /Diploma in Office Management/Administration/Logistics/Supply Chain/Business Administration from a recognized institution of higher education.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional disposition
- Excellent and proficient computer skills
- Strong organisational abilities, report writing and planning
You’ll Impress Us If
- If you have demonstrated ability to work effectively across cultures and backgrounds
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and currently works in Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone with US offices in Boston. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.