Full time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Up to £26,000 depending on experience
Location: Carronbridge. Thornhill, Scotland (Hybrid working)
Do you have a passion for working with people, thrive on a challenge and adaptable to change? Do you have experience of recruitment administration or are you a recent HR graduate looking to start their career within an HR function?
This is a great opportunity to join a newly formed, but experienced Resourcing team in a fantastic organisation. You will play a key role in hiring amazing people, doing amazing things to make the world a safer place. And that’s pretty special!
The HALO Trust is the world’s largest and oldest international humanitarian mine action charity. Our mission is to save lives and restore livelihoods for those affected by conflict. HALO is known for its work to clear landmines and the disposal of other explosive hazards such as bombs, rockets, and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). HALO was established in Afghanistan in 1988 and now employs over 9,500 staff across 28 countries and territories.
About the role
Following the creation of a new resourcing team at HALO, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Recruitment Assistant who will primarily be responsible for recruitment administration as well as general HR duties.
Reporting to the Global Head of Resourcing, this is an opportunity for you to be at the heart of bringing HALO’s mission to life and we need someone who is passionate and has the purpose to make a massive difference, at pace and in an ever-changing environment.
As the Recruitment Assistant, you will be responsible for delivering an outstanding resourcing service to our candidates to ensure talent is attracted and retained. You will be involved in the end-to-end resourcing service including advertising jobs, scheduling interviews and you will take ownership of the contract issuing, pre-employment screening checks, onboarding and induction for our UK and International new hires.
You will need to be comfortable in being the voice of The HALO Trust employer brand as you’ll be interacting with every new starter to our organisation via email, video, or the good old telephone! At certain times of the year, we have slightly higher new starter numbers, so you’ll enjoy working with quite a few spinning plates, always ensuring that you deliver a consistently high level of service to your candidates.
We’re excited by recruitment innovation, so you’ll be working with technology such as our applicant tracking system (ATS), asynchronous video interviewing and digital referencing apps (and we’re constantly looking at the next value adding innovation to enhance the service we provide!).
Governance and compliance is really important to us as an HR team, and you will take responsibility for ensuring that our organisation, our people, and those in the communities that we work in are protected through the measures and risk management that are in place as part of the pre-employment screening process.
To enrich your role further, you will support the wider HR team with general HR administrative duties such as policy and procedure work, HR database compliance and providing our colleagues with general HR advice.
Above all you will be passionate about The HALO Trust as an employer and dedicated to the role that Resourcing (and HR) have in the future success of the organisation.
You’ll be part of a passionate recruitment team who love what we do, particularly in a sector that provides challenge and reward in equal measure. Whilst we are not clearing mines ourselves, it is such a boost knowing that we as a team are recruiting talent that is making a difference to people’s lives around the world.
Who we’re looking for:
- Previous recruitment administration experience or a recent HR degree graduate looking to start their career in HR
- You’ll need to be a clear, positive, and enthusiastic communicator, as you’ll be interacting with candidates and managers throughout the course of your day
- Being organised comes as second nature to you, managing many spinning plates all at the same time is a challenge that doesn’t faze you
- You’ll have a keen eye for detail, ensuring that your work is accurate, hiring and compliance steps are completed, and nothing slips through a gap
- You will have a professional approach to work as you’ll be representing the HALO Trust to our candidates, and representing the team to managers within the business
- Using Microsoft packages will be familiar to you such as word, outlook and excel (we do love a spreadsheet or two!), but you’ll also be up for using other tech such as our ATS and Video Interviewing platform
- The current team are so passionate about what we do. We love recruitment. And we need someone who has that same level of passion
- Above all, you see delivering excellence as the priority in everything you do. From the service and experience we offer our candidates, to the service delivery we offer our hiring managers
If you’re the type of person we’ve just described and believe that you’ll love the role of Recruitment Assistant with us at The HALO Trust, then we can’t wait to receive your application.
This is a full-time post and offers hybrid working with a requirement to work part of the week from our HR office based near Thornhill in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland.
Benefits of working at HALO
At The HALO Trust, we strive to live by our values, where every staff member is valued. We offer an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect.
The HALO Trust offers a friendly, welcoming, and supportive place to work and as part of the HALO team, you can enjoy a variety of benefits which include:
- Competitive salary – Up to £26,000 depending upon experience
- Contributory pension, HALO will match up to 5% of contributions
- 25 days annual leave and 8 Public Holidays
- Paid professional development
- Non- contributory Life assurance
- Occupational Health Services
- Flexible Working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to occasionally travel overseas
Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a cover letter (no more than 1 page) outlining how your experience matches the key skills and competencies required by 7th December 2022. We reserve the right to amend the closing date depending on the number of applications received.
The HALO Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. The HALO Trust is committed to a culture that is both diverse and inclusive and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people form a diverse candidate pool.