Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
JOB TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
TYPE OF CONTRACT: CST II
UNIT/DIVISION: Corporate Planning and Performance Division
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Rome, Italy
DURATION: 11 months (starting 1 December 2022)
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
The UN World Food Programme is committed to strengthen WFP’s capacity to implement the 2022-2025 Strategic Plan, to measure WFP’s impact on alleviating hunger through food assistance, and to advance results-based performance and accountability across the organization.
WFP has recently approved the 2022-2025 Corporate Results Framework (CRF), which guides planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of WFP’s programmes towards the objectives identified in the 2022-2025 Strategic Plan.
WFP has also recently approved a new Evaluation Policy introduced at a time when WFP’s strategic plan for 2022–2025 has made clear the organization’s commitment to becoming evidence-driven in delivering its results. Evaluation evidence makes a key contribution to organizational learning and to ensuring that programmes, plans, policies and strategies are evidence-based.
The updated WFP evaluation policy is rooted in the most recent international norms and standards for evaluation. The Policy reaffirms the commitment to provide Management Responses to all centralised evaluations to ensure a systematic accountability and learning process for following up and reporting on the implementation of evaluation recommendations.
All centralized evaluations and management responses are presented to the EB for consideration.
This position will support strategic engagement on evaluation recommendations, lead the facilitation of quality Management Responses to centralised evaluations and tracking of these Management Responses and actions, support the preparation of the annual Implementation Status for Evaluation Recommendations report (EBA), support the preparation of the management response to the Annual Evaluation Report, ensuring it carries a clear indication as to whether management agrees, partially agrees, or disagrees with the recommendations in the evaluation report as well as review evaluation key findings and recommendations with an aim to inform and help inform the prioritization of budget submissions and resource allocations, when and/or as feasible or requested.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Working under the guidance and direct supervision of the CPP Deputy Director or his/her delegate, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- leading the coordination and tracking of Management Responses to WFP centralized evaluations
- facilitating the preparation of centralized management responses and providing quality control together with WFP’s Office of Evaluation;
- facilitating stakeholder workshops for centralized management responses to centralized evaluations and assess the use of and need for these workshops;
- ensuring continuous use and further development of the R2 tracking system together with WFP’s Enterprise Risk Management Division, including participation in key stakeholder workshops;
- identifying and exploring ways to innovate and facilitate the tracking, implementation and utilization of recommendations;
- providing analyses and draft reports on the implementation status, for example, support to drafting of the Annual Implementation Status of Evaluation Recommendations Report (ISR) and the Management Response to the Annual Evaluation Report;
- support the review and analysis of key evaluation findings and recommendation to support work on budget prioritization.
- additional ad hoc tasks as required upon request.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience including in international development or humanitarian work. Minimum of three years of experience in monitoring, programme and/or evaluation, including strong experience using a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical tools and methods including at the country level. Experience in the coordination and management of corporate processes and platforms related to evaluation, both in headquarters and field locations, desirable.
Education: Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, statistics, development economics, performance management, monitoring and evaluation or other related fields, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese is preferred.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for application: December 12, 2022 (Midnight, Rome Time)
Ref VA No. 178576
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: