General coordinator (head of mission) (F/M) - Yemen
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Presently, MdM intervene in the Northern part of Yemen in the governorates of Sanaa and Amanat Alasima (total 5 HFs). In southern governorates of Yemen particularly in Abyan, Lahj and Aden (total 10 HFs). MdM strategy is based on 2 key axes:
- To provide primary healthcare services, including OPD, vaccination, nutritional care, sexual and reproductive health
- To provide mental healthcare and psychosocial support in specific healthcare institutions and via a network of CHVs trained in detection and community awareness-raising
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the desk manager, you are responsible for the overall management of the Yemen mission.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate the mission’s team
- Define the operational and advocacy strategy together with the coordination team, the desk manager and the volunteer board delegates of the mission
- Plan and monitor activities, implement corrective action when necessary, providing technical support to the team
- Represent MdM with authorities, local actors, partners, donors and the media
- Monitor partnership agreements with partners, authorities and donors, seek out and develop new partnerships, and ensure or supervise fundraising
- Ensure the financial coverage of the mission by leading fundraising and budget management
- Draft, adapt and monitor safety regulations and procedures and coordinate crisis management in the region
- Implement and monitor the application of MdM’s programmatic and support services framework, policies and procedures
- Supervise reporting to MdM and donors
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: 08/01/2023
Gross monthly salary: 3 525 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Higher education in project management or general field of study (five years post-secondary education)
Minimum five year experience in a similar position with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, preferably within the health sector, or previous field experience with MdM in different contexts
Extensive experience in a similar position as Country Director/Head of Mission
Experience in managing medical activities
Substantial experience in safety and security management
Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult and tense context
High level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors
Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including the humanitarian system, donors landscape, security, civil military liaison and program management
Diplomacy, negotiation and networking skills
Languages : English is mandatory (Oral and Written), Arabic is an asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JpkJviYl?idpartenaire=128