Livelihoods & Food Security Specialist Afghanistan
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Afghanistan
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Security and Safety
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: Closed
NRC is looking for a Livelihoods and Food Security Specialist to join the Afghanistan mission. The role holder will ensure technical development, strategic direction, and quality assurance of the Livelihoods and Food Security thematic area.
If you are an action-oriented, execution-driven, and hands-on executive that has the ability to meet new challenges, then this is the role for you!
What You Will Do
- Strategy development and technical guidance.
- Diversification, adaptation and strengthening of the existing Livelihoods and Food Security portfolio.
- Start-up and guide the implementation of two large, multi-year urban livelihoods projects.
- Develop integrated livelihood approaches securing the inclusion of people most vulnerable to displacement.
- Funding proposals, project budgets, and donor reports management.
- Trends, technical standards, and donor priorities identification.
- Technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Technical direction and project implementation support.
- Systematic training and capacity building of technical staff.
What You Will Bring
- Livelihoods and Food Security experience in a humanitarian early recovery/emergency context (crisis response, inclusion and transition programming).
- Livelihoods and Food Security technical expertise and advanced knowledge in a humanitarian context (livelihood analysis, food/agriculture and market systems programming, financial inclusion).
- High risk, insecure, opaque, complex, and volatile context exposure, and experience working with displaced people.
- Afghanistan context and the Afghan humanitarian community response experience and knowledge.
- English fluency, both written and verbal.
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- The humanitarian situation in Afghanistan is complex, protracted, and worsening. The country is facing an unprecedented humanitarian crisis with a risk of systemic collapse and human catastrophe.
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the protection and assistance of vulnerable and crisis-affected women, girls, boys, and men. NRC Afghanistan is one of the leading humanitarian response agencies (particularly for Afghans forced to flee), maintaining a presence of 12 offices and over 1,000 staff in 14 provinces across the country.
- Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC Afghanistan meets immediate humanitarian needs, prevents further displacement, and contributes to durable solutions.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
What We Offer
- Kabul, Afghanistan duty station.
- 24-months contract duration.
- 40% travel, approximately.
- Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the full Job Description here.
- Learn more about NRC’s operation in Afghanistan here.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your employment history, experience, responsibilities, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. NRC is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to give detailed feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted.
- For any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Livelihoods and Food Security Specialist Afghanistan” as the subject line.
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: